Board index Razni Sportovi Ostali Sportovi

FENCING - "Mačevalački Klub Banja Luka"

Postby MKBL » 21 Feb 2013, 16:12

WHAT IS FENCING

Fencing, the art of swordsmanship, has been practiced for centuries. First, it was to
train for deadly combat—the duel. Now it is for Olympic gold. Through fencing you can
acquire the reflexes of a boxer, the legs of a high-jumper and the concentration of a
tournament chess player. The sport develops agility, strength, speed and cunning.

And because of the speed of its action, fencing is considered the fastest martial sport.
The sport of fencing is fast and athletic, a far cry from the choreographed bouts you see on film
or on the stage. Instead of swinging from a chandelier or leaping from balconies, you will see two
fencers performing an intense dance on a 2X14 strip. The movement is so fast the
touches are scored electrically.

The modern sport of fencing has three different events: foil, epee and saber. Each has a slightly
different history, target area and rules. Foil and saber were developed more as training weapons,
while epee is a descendant of weapons used in duels. Just as you would imagine, the goal in all
three weapons is to hit the opponent on the valid target without being hit.

Although the motions of fencing are complex and the variations endless, the actions of a bout fall
into several basic categories. Either fencer may initiate an offensive action and force the opponent
to defend. The fencer first beginning an offensive action is called the attacker. Movement that
blocks an attack is referred to as a parry, and the return action after the parry is referred to as a
riposte. The fencer attacking into an opponent who has begun to attack has executed what is
referred to as a counterattack.

As in other sports, fencers have different personalities. Some prefer initiating offensive actions
while others prefer to wait and respond to the opponent’s initiative. The cleverest fencers learn to
draw their opponents into traps, fooling the opponent into thinking that he or she is vulnerable
and drawing a predictable response which can then be exploited.

Similar to boxing, success in fencing depends largely on a fencer’s ability to manipulate distance.
The fencer needs to stay far enough away to avoid being hit, while at the same time get close
enough to hit when the opponent is least prepared to defend. Much of the movement on the strip
is done to set up the proper distance and timing for the final hit. Although the blade work seems
complex to the newcomer, the goal is simple. The preparatory blade work is an attempt to get the
opponent to respond—opening up a part of the target area that can be hit. For example, the
attacker feints (pretends to be attacking) towards one part of the target. When the opponent tries
to parry this attack, the attacker deceives the parry and hits on another part of the target.
MKBL

Re: FENCING - "Mačevalački Klub Banja Luka"

Postby Hezonja » 21 Feb 2013, 16:30

WELCOME!
Hezonja

Postby ОГИ » 21 Feb 2013, 16:47

Dobrodošao i ne bi bilo loše da si uradio dio i sa našim prevodom.
Полети високо птицо бијела
огласи свима својим криком
нека те чује Европа цијела
да земљу своју не дамо ником!
ОГИ

Postby MKBL » 21 Feb 2013, 16:54

thank you to everybody, and thanks for suggestion, i will try to write in your language too.
MKBL

Postby Unexpected » 21 Feb 2013, 17:28

Welcome.
it's great to see that we have one more sport covered in our forum.
One of my students was graduated on theme: Project of device for detection and registration of hits in all three weapon fencing.

Here is a picture and link to his graduation work:

Project of device for detection and registration of hits in all three weapon fencing

The End.
Unexpected

Postby MKBL » 28 Feb 2013, 20:41

PRESS RELEASE

(ENG)
After one year of its activity, last Sunday, 17.02.2013, the Mačevalački klub Banja Luka, brought two young athletes on their first official competition.

This event represents a great step forward for the fencing activities of the city and the nation as no athlete had previously taken part in an official competition, as activities in the newly established but due to its ancient origins.

This has been possible thanks to the collaboration established between the fencing club and the host Fencing Federation of Serbia that approved the participation of the two "pioneers" although in this area is not yet formed a sports federation of fencing.
“Create a federation capable of bringing athletes to represent the Country in international competitions and others absolute sport importance event is a difficult task that requires support from all Institutions, but definitely not impossible because our guys are able to perform at the better way, to confirm my words the result of the competition” - this said Giacomo Fanizza, fencing coach club that drove Marko Jakšić and Mihajlo Bulaja (both class 2000) in the “KUP POBEDNIKA” in Belgrade.

At the end of competition the two young athletes ended their performance at 6th and 10th position over more than 30 participants.

“Kept by the final result by two of our young fencers is not very important from the point of view of the ranking as the opportunity to gain experience by learning how to manage their emotions in a positive way, which are the characteristics that distinguish a good athlete from a champion." – concluded Fanizza.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nakon godinu dana aktivnosti,prošle nedelje 17.02.2013 Mačevalački klub Banja Luka odveo je dvojicu mladih sportista na njihovo prvo zvanično takmičenje.

Ovaj događaj predstavlja veliki korak naprijed za mačevalačke aktivnosti ovog grada i naroda,kao i za sportiste koji su ranije učestvovali na takmičenjima.Ovo je omogućeno zahvaljujući saradnji koja je uspostavljena između mačevalačkog kluba i domaćina Mačevalačkog saveza Srbije koji je dao saglasnost za učešće dva pionira,iako u ovoj oblasti još uvijek nije formirana sportska federacija mačevanja.

“Stvaranje federacije koja je sposobna dati sportiste koji će predstavljati zemlju na međunarodnim takmičenjima i drugim sportskim značajnim događanjima je težak zadatak koji zahtijeva podršku od svih institucija,ali definitivno nije ni nemoguće jer naši momci su u stanju da to izvedu na najbolji mogući način da potvrde moje riječi rezultatom takmičenja” rekao je Giacomo Fanizza, trener mačevalačkog kluba koji je odvezao Marka Jaksića i Mihajla Bulaja (oba godište 2000) u KUP POBEDNIKA u Beogradu.

“Na kraju takmičenja ova dvojica mladih sportista su završili svoj nastup na 6-oj i 10-oj poziciji,a takmičilo se više od 30 učesnika.Konačan rezultat ove dvojice mladih mačevalaca nije toliko važan sa stanovišta rangiranja,koliko je važna prilika da steknu iskustvo i da nauče kako da upravljaju svojim emocijama na pozitivan način,što su osobine koje razlikuju sportistu od šampiona” zaključio je Fanizza.
MKBL

Postby Unexpected » 01 Mar 2013, 01:19

Congrats on the results.
I'll hope that you will manage to promote fencing, and get it on the level that you find appropriate.

I know very little about your sport, but I know how small sports are treated in this region.

Could you give us some facts about fencing. Such as, categories, rules, weapons (foil, sabre and épée), when is the best time for begin training etc.

I hope that I'm not embarrassing myself, with my bad English. :biggrin:
The End.
Unexpected

Postby MKBL » 01 Mar 2013, 09:41

Thank you for your support, sure we will write every week something about fencing because our goal is to approach people in this Olympic discipline, providing all the necessary information.
Your English is not bad at all!! :-)
MKBL

Postby MKBL » 07 Mar 2013, 11:16

THE MATCH

A fencing match ends when one of the two shooters achieved the maximum score of 15 points.

This match is also characterized by time as it is composed of three fractions of 3 minutes with one minute pause between each round and the next.
Time is calculated only when the two athletes are having fencing action that starts from the moment the referee from pronounce command "allet" and stops or because one of the two athletes scored a point and / or because the command of the referee "alt".

In the event of a tie score at the end of the three fractions of three minutes, the judge will give a extra minute and randomly draw from a priority.
The first fencer who will score the point will win the match.
If, on expiry of the additional minute neither of athletes has assigned the point, win the fencer who had priority.
MKBL

Return to Ostali Sportovi