Board index Tenis Teniseri i teniserke

Rafael Nadal

Re: Rafael Nadal

Postby vicharhcp » 02 Jul 2011, 17:36

RAFA TO PLAY NOVAK IN WIMBLEDON FINAL
BACK TO NEWS ARCHIVE
07 01 2011, LONDON, ENGLAND
Rafa Nadal.jpg

Sunday's marquee men's final at Wimbledon will pit top-seeded reigning champion Rafael Nadal against second- seeded and soon-to-be No. 1 Novak Djokovic.

Nadal, who will officially be supplanted atop the rankings by Djokovic on Monday, got past hobbled heavy British crowd favorite Andy Murray 5-7, 6-2, 6-2, 6-4, while a high-flying second-seeded Djokovic secured a berth in his first career Wimbledon finale by defeating 12th-seeded Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 7-6 (7-4), 6-2, 6-7 (9-11), 6-3 on the famed Centre Court at the venerable All England Club.

Djokovic secured the No. 1 ranking with the victory over Tsonga, as a trip into the final this week guaranteed him the top spot for the first time in his great career. He's the first-ever men's No. 1 from Serbia.

"I've been working all my life for this," Djokovic said. "I've been dreaming about playing the finals of Wimbledon since I started playing tennis when I was 4. To be able to be there on Sunday will probably be the best feeling."

Three of the top-four players in the world -- Nadal, Djokovic and Murray -- were part of the Day-11 schedule.

Murray played great tennis in the first set against Nadal, as he served magnificently and looked like the better player in the 12-game stanza. The Brit set himself up with three set points and converted on the second one when Nadal put a backhand into the net, giving Murray a break of serve in the process.

But at the beginning of the second set, Murray started to show signs of a possible groin injury, and the shot-making machine Nadal, who's been battling a left foot injury this week, started to take it to the world No. 4.

Nadal broke for a 3-2 lead in the second, broke again for a 5-2 advantage, and then held serve to close it out in eight games.

In the third set, Nadal cruised again, as he opened the stanza with a break, broke again for a 5-2 lead, and then held in the eighth game to capture the set in very similar fashion to his second-set victory. Both the second and third sets were each completed in 36 minutes.

The fourth set was also all Nadal, as the Spaniard broke for a 2-0 lead and never looked back.

Murray staved off Nadal's first match point with a big ace and went on to hold his serve to pull within 4-5 in the fourth. The Brit then saved a second match point with a backhand volley winner into an open court, but the Brit couldn't stop Nadal on his third match point, as the gritty Spaniard swatted a huge forehand winner to hold his serve in the final game of the bout.

Nadal prevailed in just under three hours by breaking Murray's serve five times, while the Scot settled for only one break in the setback. Murray ripped 15 aces, but also piled up 32 more unforced errors (39-7) than his Spanish counterpart.

The tenacious Nadal is now a comfortable 12-4 lifetime against Murray, including a semifinal victory at the French Open four weeks ago. The Spanish stalwart also topped the Dunblane, Scotland native in last year's Wimbledon semis, as well as the 2008 quarterfinals at the AEC.

The reigning Wimbledon, French Open and U.S. Open champion Nadal, who has now won his last 20 matches at the All England Club, is also now a flawless 5-0 in his career Wimbledon semifinals. The 10-time Grand Slam champion hasn't lost at Wimbledon since falling to Roger Federer in the 2007 final. The mighty Mallorcan beat Federer in the incredible 2008 finale here, missed the 2009 edition of the world's most prestigious tennis tournament due to injury, and titled again here a year ago by downing Czech Tomas Berdych in the title match.

Murray, who was January's Aussie Open runner-up to Djokovic, appeared in his third straight Wimbledon semifinal and is still seeking his first-ever trip into the championship round at the All England Club.

The 24-year-old Brit had been a perfect 9-0 on grass this season before running into the human buzzsaw that is Nadal. Murray titled at the Wimbledon tuneup at London's Queen's Club last month.

The three-time Grand Slam runner-up Murray, who's now 3-4 in his career major semis, was trying to give Britain its first male Wimbledon champion since Fred Perry way back in 1936.

Credit| torontosun.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Nije uvek lako, ali je uvek lepo navijati za Partizan!" Duško Radović
SVE PROLAZI - PARTIZAN OSTAJE
Image :inlove:
They can take my last ticket at Hala Pionir.
vicharhcp

Postby vicharhcp » 03 Jul 2011, 22:47

Ovo je mozda moglo i na Noletovu temu da se stavi, posto je sa Rafinog sajta, pa je naslov prigodan :biggrin:

CONGRATULATIONS NOVAK, THE NEW WIMBLEDON CHAMPION!

07 03 2011, LONDON, ENGLAND
Rafa1.JPG

Novak Djokovic has won his first Wimbledon title this Sunday after beating the defending champion Rafa Nadal 6-4, 6-1, 1-6, 6-3.

Djokovic, who was already guaranteed to take over the No. 1 ranking from Rafa on Monday, played very well in the moments that mattered and in behalf of the entire team, we would like to congratulate him for such an incredible achievement.

THE MATCH
By Alix Ramsay from wimbledon.com

This was Nadal's 13th major final - he had only ever lost two, both to Roger Federer here in SW19 - and over the course of the seven years it had taken him to amass his 10 Grand Slam trophies, he had inflicted some terrible defeats on his rivals. For the most part, it has been Federer who has borne the brunt of Nadal's aggression. At the French Open in 2008 he humiliated the Swiss maestro, allowing him just four games in the final. That display was brutal, it was ferocious and it left Federer wounded for a long time.

But for all but a set of this two hours and 28 minutes Wimbledon final, it was Nadal who was on the receiving end of a heavyweight pasting.

As they began, Nadal and Djokovic were equals, two world No.1s competing for bragging rights and pride (and the small matter of £1.1million in prize money). Everyone knew that by reaching the final, Djokovic would be elevated to the top spot in the world pecking order - but that would not happen until the rankings computer produced the new list on Monday morning. So, for Sunday and Sunday only, Nadal was still, officially, the top man while Djokovic was only the No.1 elect. That semblance of parity did not last for long.

The defending champion came bounding on to the court, as he always does, full of energy and eager to get started. He is far too nice to be a raging bull but he is certainly an enthusiastic and over-excited bull, and he was desperate to unleash some of that energy on Djokovic. After winning so many big finals, there were no nerves, no tension, just a flurry of pounding forehands. They were better than pounding; they were terrifying.

There was a distinct pattern of play emerging in those opening exchanges. Nadal wanted to push Djokovic far and deep on his backhand side. With the Serb nicely tucked up in the corner and the court wide open, he would rifle one of those forehands into the green space yards from Djokovic's racket: push and fire, push and fire. This was working perfectly well for the first eight games - push and fire, push and fire - and then something happened: push and fire, push and fi... oh. Djokovic had taken off.

Suddenly he was out-Rafa-ing Rafa. It was Djokovic who was dragging the champion all over the court and then hitting massive ground strokes into empty spaces. Everything he touched turned to gold while Nadal watched eight out of nine games go to Serbia.

There seemed to be nothing Nadal could do: he was serving well - he only missed five first serves in the first set - and he was doing everything he could to keep the ball on his forehand side. There were times when this gave the impression of Nadal attempting to win Wimbledon by running backwards towards the trophy as he ran around his backhand time and again. But however hard he hit the ball, however deep he planted his shots, Djokovic was there and ready for him.

In five previous meetings at a Grand Slam, Nadal had only dropped two sets to the young pretender. He was supposed to be the indomitable force, the supreme champion - he had not been beaten in SW19 in 20 matches - and yet here he was, two sets down after just 74 minutes.

But at this level, matches are won and lost by the narrowest of margins - of those five first serves he missed in the first set, three came in the last four points of the set. They were not directly responsible for the loss of those three points, but they did give Djokovic the momentum and, ultimately, the set.

Then, when it seemed that all was lost, Nadal made the most of one of those narrow margins. In the first two sets, Djokovic had committed just four unforced errors yet, in the space of one service game, he added two more - and he dropped his serve.

That was the cue for the Spaniard to set off on a sprint through the next six games - he won five of them - and grab the third set. Alas, it was not enough. As the Serb regrouped and Nadal began to look desperate, the title slipped away from him and into the hands of a delighted Djokovic.

He took it well, mind you, and was gracious and generous in defeat. Well, he was when the microphone finally sprang into life. Yes, he remembered what it felt like to win his first Wimbledon title and, yes, it was an amazing feeling. Sadly for him, he also now knew what it felt like to be Rafa-ed in a Grand Slam final.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vicharhcp

Postby alcesta » 03 Jul 2011, 23:13

He is far too nice to be a raging bull but he is certainly an enthusiastic and over-excited bull,
:lollol: Zar ne treba izveštači s Vimbldona da pišu malo uštogljenije kako i priliči najsnobovskijem turniru? :biggrin:

Sve u svemu, Rafa je pravi šampion i veliki sportista. Svaka mu čast. :blue:
I will not walk your dusty path and flat,
denoting this and that by this and that,
your world immutable wherein no part
the little maker has with Maker's art.
I bow not yet before the Iron Crown,
nor cast my own small golden sceptre down.
alcesta

Postby Gama » 06 Jul 2011, 21:54

Gama

Postby vicharhcp » 07 Jul 2011, 18:07

Ja ja ja :jupi:
:thankyou:
vicharhcp

Postby CherieBgd » 07 Jul 2011, 18:14

E moj Rafo, pa di su ti one Armani gacke... one sa reklame ... :drool:
CherieBgd

Postby vicharhcp » 09 Jul 2011, 13:02

CherieBgd wrote:E moj Rafo, pa di su ti one Armani gacke... one sa reklame ... :drool:

Stize :biggrin:
vicharhcp

Postby vicharhcp » 15 Jul 2011, 10:27

AWARDS
NADAL ENDS FEDERER'S ESPY REIGN
Los Angeles, U.S.A.
by ATP Staff | 14.07.2011

Rafael Nadal was named Laureus World Sportsman of the Year earlier this season.
After six straight years of finishing runner-up to Roger Federer at the ESPY Awards, Rafael Nadal claimed Best Male Tennis Player for the first time, beating out both the Swiss and new World No. 1 Novak Djokovic in the category.

Nadal had also been nominated for Best Male Athlete award, but was beaten out in online voting by Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki. The German became the first non-American to win this distinction in the 19-year history of the ESPY Awards.

Serena Williams, who was present at the ceremony hosted by Saturday Night Live’s Seth Meyers on Wednesday evening in Los Angeles, received the ESPY Award for Best Female Tennis Player.
vicharhcp

Postby CherieBgd » 26 Jul 2011, 22:28

CherieBgd

Postby Gama » 28 Jul 2011, 18:34

Slike sa odmora, ali je tu sada i devojka
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

A posle odmora, trening. Vezba se servis i dobro mu ide.
Gama

Postby Gama » 01 Aug 2011, 22:42

Rafina oprema za USO
dnevna varijanta: belo zuta majca/crni sorc
Vecernja: plava majca/crni sorc
ImageImageImageImageImage
Gama

Postby Gama » 01 Aug 2011, 23:03

COVER: IN NEW YORK MAGAZINE
That victory made him only the seventh man in tennis history to win a career Grand Slam (the French, Australian and US Opens, plus Wimbledon), so New York has become special to the genial Spaniard—and vice versa.

“It’s always amazing,” he says humbly. “It’s the biggest court in the world! And last year I had an amazing feeling that the crowd wanted to watch me win here. I arrived a week before the tournament started and the support was very, very nice from the beginning.”

But a lot has changed since last year. Specifically, Novak Djokovic. The powerful Serbian not only defeated Nadal at Wimbledon in July, but wrested away the No. 1 world ranking in the process.

“He’s in my head,” admits Nadal, 25. “I know it, you know it, he knows it. He’s in the best moment of his career, that’s true, but my experience says that probably the level of Novak today is not forever. I’m going to be here fighting all the time, waiting for my moment to beat him.”

http://www.rafaholics.com/2011/08/cover-in-new-york-magazine.html
Gama

Postby Gama » 02 Aug 2011, 17:35

World No. 2 Rafael Nadal finally caved in and joined Twitter today. The Spaniard, who has been an active member of Facebook for many years, can be added on the social network at the following link: @RafaelNadal.
Gama

PreviousNext

Return to Teniseri i teniserke