Board index Tenis Teniseri i teniserke

Sestre Vilijams

Re: Sestre Vilijams

Postby Hezonja » 04 Jun 2013, 00:19

Hezonja

Postby Hezonja » 05 Jun 2013, 01:53

Do sada najtezi ispit za Serenu, prvi izgubljeni set, ali ipak pobeda.

Williams, who will face Italian Sara Errani in the semi-finals, would have been lying if she had said she had not thought about her recent record on the Paris clay when she was 2-0 down in the third set against Kuznetsova.
"That was just a brief, brief, brief, like fleeting thought," Williams, who was knocked out at this stage by Kuznetsova four years ago when the Russian went on to lift the Suzanne Lenglen Cup, told a news conference.
"And after that it was just, let's just play this match and let's just do the best that I can. Even though I was down I was still competing, so I couldn't necessarily dwell on the fact that I've lost so many quarter-final matches here."
Williams, who has won 15 grand slam titles but only one at Roland Garros, saw off three double break points in the decider and played some beautiful tennis to set up a meeting with fifth seed Errani, who beat Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska 6-4 7-6(6).
After strolling through her first four rounds and the opening set, Williams came up against a streak of forehand winners from Kuznetsova.
The American fell 2-0 behind in the third before winning five games in a row, wrapping up victory with a forehand volley after nearly two hours of a see-saw contest.
"When I was serving at 0‑2, I thought 'Can't go out like this again'," Williams said.
HUFFED AND PUFFED
Kuznetsova huffed and puffed and looked in agony while Williams whizzed into a one-set lead in less than half an hour.
The Russian, unseeded in Paris for the first time since 2003 after a free fall in the rankings following a six-month knee-injury layoff, talked to herself and looked up to the sky.
She took a break to be treated off court by the trainer and everything changed.
"I taped my stomach stronger than I had before because it was killing me and I couldn't serve," Kuznetsova, who has been suffering from an abdominal strain in Paris, told a news conference.
The string of forehand unforced errors suddenly turned into a series of forehand winners that more than once left Williams helpless.
The American conceded the first of three breaks of serve when she sent a backhand long, losing her range just as world number 39 Kuznetsova's shots started to land on the right side of the line.
One of eight forehand winners in the set gave Kuznetsova a 4-0 lead as the wind picked up on Court Suzanne Lenglen.
Williams held only once, for 5-3, and she threatened to break in the ninth game, only for Kuznetsova to see off two break points with a second-serve ace and a finely-drilled forehand winner.
The Russian leveled the tie when the American failed to retrieve a cunning drop shot.
She quickly opened a 2-0 lead in the third set but Williams refused to let Kuznetsova drive the final nail into the coffin.
"Today I was so determined to get through that, and I really, really, really, really wanted it more than I think anyone," said Williams.
She saved three break points, won the game and never looked back.
"I did put her to the limit I think today, even without my serve," said Kuznetsova. "I was there, I was running as much as I could."
Hezonja

Postby alcesta » 05 Jun 2013, 22:29

"Today I was so determined to get through that, and I really, really, really, really wanted it more than I think anyone," said Williams.
Ovo mi je uvek neverovatno, po tome je kao Federer. Majku mu, mogla bi da igra za 55. slem titulu a njena protivnica za prvu i opet bi ona bila ta koja više želi pobedu :blue:
I will not walk your dusty path and flat,
denoting this and that by this and that,
your world immutable wherein no part
the little maker has with Maker's art.
I bow not yet before the Iron Crown,
nor cast my own small golden sceptre down.
alcesta

Postby Gama » 09 Jun 2013, 13:43

Serena Vilijams 2002. je osvojila Rolan Garos pobedivši u finalu stariju sestru Venus, a za novi trijumf u Parizu bilo joj je potrebno 11 godina.

„Nisam očekivala da će mi toliko biti potrebno da ponovim uspeh. Nadala sam da se da ću ponovo slaviti, nekoliko puta sam se osećala kao da sam propustila priliku“, rekla je Serena.

Na pitanje da li će se povući na vrhuncu karijere kao glumica Greta Garbo, Vilijamsova je odgovorila:

„Vau, kakva analogija, ja i Greta Garbo. Hvala vam“, rekla je Serena uz osmeh, „Definitivno želim da se povučem na vrhuncu. To mi je cilj. Ali da li sam dostigla vrhunac?“.

Zašto misliš da tako dobro igraš u tim godinama (31)?

„Opuštena sam, uživam u svakom trenutku. Uvek sam govorila da osećam da ne igram svoj najbolji tenis, to sam govorila godinama, da uvek mogu bolje i da želim da dostignem taj nivo. Ne znam, možda samo pokušavam da dođem dotle. Osećam se fizički spremnom, ne osećam te godine“.

Kakva je tvoja prognoza za muško finale – Nadal ili Ferer?

“Veliki sam obožavalac Rafe Nadala, uvek sam to bila. Mislim da je on legenda, iako je još mlad. Ipak, volim i radnu etiku Davida Ferera, volim kada ga vidim u teretani i kako je ozbiljan. Nadam se da će biti zaista dobar meč”.

Serena je pobedom nad Šarapovom došla do 16. Gren slem titule.

“Trudim se da ta brojka bude još veća. Mislim čak da mi je Santoro rekao da mi je ovo 16. titular, totalno sam zaboravila na to, igrala sam za titulu na Garosu, a ne za 16. GS titulu. Želim da nastavim tim putem”.
http://www.b92.net/sport/tenis/masters/vesti.php?yyyy=2013&mm=06&dd=08&nav_id=721202

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gama

Postby Gama » 19 Jun 2013, 23:47

Serena Gets Send-Off To Wimbledon By Delta
Serena Williams got a champion-worthy send-off as she boarded her Delta flight for London at JFK Terminal 4’s Delta Sky Club in New York City.
ImageImage
Serena Williams @serenawilliams

Ahhhh @delta air and these #businesselite flat beds. #advantagedelta Wimbledon here we come!! http://mob.li/_rxi5F

Once in London, Serena challenged Delta travellers to an impromptu game of table tennis at Heathrow Airport.

Serena At London’s Burberry 2013 Men’s Show
After taking a flight last night from New York to London, Serena Williams looked fresh as ever arriving for the Burberry Spring/Summer 2014 men’s collection fashion show in London.
ImageImage
Burberry @Burberry

Serena Williams and Christopher Bailey backstage at the #Burberry show today in #London #LCM pic.twitter.com/ZKQEX5rWcp
Gama

Postby Gama » 23 Jun 2013, 22:08

LONDON, England - Serena Williams did the traditional defending champion's pre-tournament presser on Sunday, talking about everything from pressure to missing Venus and emulating Andre. Read on...

On whether she feels any pressure to defend her title...
"Everyone who knows me knows that's kind of how I feel, unfortunately. I wish I didn't feel that way. But the most important thing I can take from this is I don't have to win, but I definitely want to."

On whether there is any competition for her to win her sixth title here and surpass Venus...
"For me there is no family competition, but I believe this is the first year I've played Wimbledon and Venus hasn't been here. So I feel lonely. I feel like something is missing. I talk to her all the time - more than usual. We stay together here and I'm still staying in the small room because she always had the bigger room. I can't imagine being in the bigger room. So she told me before I left, 'Snap out of it. It's time for you to pass me.' So that was really encouraging. Hopefully I'll be able to do it."

On how disappointed she is that Venus isn't here...
"It's like a little cloud. Every time I walk into the home, I'm a little sad. I look in her room. She always had music in the morning. We always danced in the morning. She's definitely really missed.

"She's getting better though. I talked to her yesterday and she said she's doing a different type of rehab. It was really exciting to hear because it means she's maybe found the root of the problem."

On what her coach, Patrick Mouratoglou, means to her...
"Well, Patrick, he means a lot to me. I was just talking to him randomly a couple days ago, and I said, 'Wow, in a year we've won three Grand Slams, two gold medals, a WTA Championships.' And he said, 'You're 74-3.' I said, 'Really?' He's like, 'That's pretty good.' I said, 'No, it could be better.'

"I'd say I'm definitely a more intense person, if possible. I take more pride into every stroke, into every tournament I play, every match - I think that's one big change that has happened in my career.

"I appreciate that we continue to motivate each other. With that being said, when I'm at home I always work with my father. My father is still 100% involved in my tennis. I do a lot of things with him."

On how the team combination works...
"Patrick deserves a lot of credit. But it's not just him. We work together as a team. My dad was on board for some of those wins. Sasha, Esther, they're on board for every single one of those wins. My mom is, too. It's a team effort. You see the tennis player - you see me sitting here talking to you all - but it should really be me, my dad, my mom, Patrick. And Jill is looking at me, so it should be Jill.

"You never really realize the complete effort that goes into making one champion. I feel really, really fortunate to have not only Patrick, who does a great job coaching me, but the team as well."

On making the transition from clay to grass...
"Well, growing up, I saw how Andre Agassi always practiced on hardcourt, so all my career I've done what he did: I practice on hardcourt. In preparation for the grass, I just play on hard. I've played maybe one or two grass court events in my career before, but I feel like this worked for him. It was such an amazing run. It was great for American tennis. I was so inspired. I wanted to do what he did.

"It's worked for me; Venus did the same thing. It's worked for her. I think it's pretty good."

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3218017/title/quotable-quotes-serena-williams
Gama

Postby Hezonja » 02 Jul 2013, 23:30

Serena nakon 4.runde.

Serena Williams talks to the media after her 6‑2, 2‑6, 6‑4 defeat by Sabine Lisicki.

Q. Could you offer us an explanation into why you think you lost the match.

SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, I think that I, uhm, didn't play the big points good enough. I didn't do what I do best. I think I had a little hesitation, and that explains it.

Q. You looked a little nervy have at the end. Towards the end of the match it looked like you were a little tight. Talk about that.

SERENA WILLIAMS: Uhm, you know, I just definitely feel like I could have went for it a little more on some of the shots. Definitely should have made some shots.

Yeah, I think Sabine played really well, as well. I mean, she always plays really well at Wimbledon, so I knew going in it would be a tough match.

But, you know, there's huge room for improvement for me.

Q. I know you've always said you come in here you're taking each game as it comes. Everyone else has been pretty much handing you the trophy almost before the tournament began. Did that at all get to you?

SERENA WILLIAMS: No, not at all. I mean, every time I step out on the court I'm the favorite. I've grown to be used to that and just play my game.

Q. Has it been tough not having your dad here for the first time?

SERENA WILLIAMS: No, it's been okay. It's been fine.

Q. He's obviously a massive support for you with coaching.

SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, he's always texting me and writing me notes. So, yeah.

Q. Is there something you think might have caused the sort of tightness or hesitation on the big points today? Definitely uncharacteristic.

SERENA WILLIAMS: I don't know. I don't know. I definitely had my opportunities and I didn't take them. I definitely feel like I would try at some points, then maybe I backed off a little bit at some points.

You know, just have to know that going forward, if I want to be successful, if I plan on being successful, I'm never going to do it backing off. I have to play the game I can play. For me that's being more aggressive.

Q. Have you heard from Venus yet?

SERENA WILLIAMS: No, not yet.

Q. One of the best parts of your serve is the ability to disguise it well. Lisicki seemed to be able to read it.

SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, I just felt she was on today. She's always on against big players and big courts. It was just another one of those moments.

I feel like, you know, she was definitely reading my serve. I think also maybe I could have mixed it up more.

Q. You've barely lost in the last 12 months. How much of a shock is this to you?

SERENA WILLIAMS: It's not a shock. Like I said, she plays really good on grass. She has a massive, massive serve. So going in there you have to know that it's definitely not going to be an easy match playing her at Wimbledon, especially on Centre Court.

It's definitely not a shock. I just need to do better.

Q. How did you feel and what was your mindset in the first set? She seemed to just go for broke. Was the result of that set more a function of her high stakes or a slower start by you?

SERENA WILLIAMS: I think I had opportunities in the first set, as well. I mean, I had so many opportunities. I made so many errors. I hit so many balls in the net.

So I think that, uhm, she definitely played a super aggressive game. When you're playing and you have absolutely nothing to lose, it's like you can really play with so much freedom and so loose. That's how she played today.

Q. What were you saying to yourself at the end of the first set?

SERENA WILLIAMS: I don't remember. I just was thinking, Let's get to a third set. That's what I always say when I lose a first set.

Q. If you could change anything in the game mentally or physically, what would you go back and want to change?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, I can't. I can't change anything. If I could, it definitely wouldn't be in this match.

Q. At the corporate luncheon, Annabel Croft made some unflattering remarks about your physique. Did that bother you or anything?

SERENA WILLIAMS: No. No, I'm fine. Thanks for asking, though (smiling).

Q. You were so dominant in the second set, how come you couldn't get that through to the third one?

SERENA WILLIAMS: I don't know. I had trouble holding my serve in the third set. Again, I had opportunities. I think I may have backed off of a success. I was playing something successful. I didn't continue that path.

The result didn't go the way it could have gone had I continued to play the way I did in the second set.

Q. You were saying about getting to the third set that that's what you always want to do. You had gotten up 3‑Love there. What in your mind started happening at that point? What was going through your head?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, I felt that I was on the verge of winning. I felt really good and really confident. At that point I just was physically unable to hold serve. My first‑serve percentage was going down.

For me, I have to be able to serve well, especially on this court, and especially going up against such a really, really strong server like Sabine. You have to be ready and willing to hold your serve. I wasn't willing or able, probably didn't even want to hold my serve today.

Q. A lot of players go out there with nothing to lose against you. When is the last time you felt like you had nothing to lose on court?

SERENA WILLIAMS: It's been a long time. Actually, no. In 2011 there were some matches that I felt like I really had nothing to lose because I was just starting to come back. And I know the feeling. It was such an amazing feeling.

When you're going on a big court and playing the No. 1 player, you're just not expected to win, it makes you play that much better.

Q. Any views on how you see who is going to get your title now, and what do you plan to do the rest of the week?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Uhm, no. I think Sloane has a really good chance of winning. She has a great draw. I think she can take it. It would be really nice to see her win.

Q. Obviously you know in the tennis world this is going to be big news, it's Titanic. In your world, is it as big a deal? Is it going to be tough to get over or have you learned how to handle a loss like this?

SERENA WILLIAMS: For me any loss is extremely tough to overcome. So, again, I don't think it's a huge shock. She is a great player. Her ranking has no effect on what she should be. She should be ranked higher. Especially on grass she just has, you know, a super, super game to play well on grass.

So, yeah, I'll just have to go back to the drawing boards and figure out a way how to win this match the next time.

Q. Lisicki has had a lot more success here than any of the other Grand Slam tournaments. Do you mind explaining a little bit about why she has success, why her game works on this surface.

SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, I feel like she, uhm, has one of the biggest serves on tour. I mean, I'm not sure if maybe mine was faster, I'm not sure, but hers is always in the 120s. She's hitting huge serves, constantly, constantly, back to back to back. With the surface being a lot faster, it's going to be a little difficult to break her.

She's actually super fast. She gets every ball back. She plays good defense, as well.

Q. You've lost at Wimbledon before. Given the shape of the draw, the opportunity that was there this year, is this your most disappointing exit to date?

SERENA WILLIAMS: No. I feel like I had an extremely tough draw today. I feel like of all the Round of 16s, I probably had the toughest one. I mean, I've said this, I don't know if you've heard, but she's a great grass court player. You know, c'mon, guys, let's get with it. She's excellent. She's not a push‑over. She's a great player.

To play this match in any Wimbledon on the fourth round, it's not an easy draw. So it's definitely difficult.

Q. But you said that you weren't willing or able to hold your serve and probably didn't want to hold it.

SERENA WILLIAMS: I was being sarcastic, yeah.

Q. You've been in Europe for a while. What is your general take‑away after the French Open, the lead‑up to the clay, now this?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Uhm, I probably couldn't be more disappointed.

Q. With the Annabel Croft comments, do you feel you were targeted in that way because you are a woman? Are women more judged about the way they look than men are?

SERENA WILLIAMS: To be honest, I didn't hear the comments. I don't know exactly what she said. Someone in my camp told me I might be asked a question. That was on Saturday. I don't care to know what she said.

I'm here to talk about tennis. If you guys want to ask me about today's match or anything that relates to tennis and how I hit the ball, how I didn't hit the ball, I'm more than willing to answer those questions.

Q. All of us have a bad day at the office. What is it like for a tennis player to have to come in to a tournament seven times, day after day, to be at their peak, never to have an off day?

SERENA WILLIAMS: It's an honor, I feel, to be able to do that. As a tennis player, you grow up and you practice every day so you can get to the point where you can play seven matches really well, you can do it consistently.

That's one of the things of being a tennis player, is you have to be able to do it and you have to be able to succeed at that.

Q. But this was an off day for you?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Uhm, I think it was, but I think I made it off by not doing what I should have done out there.

Q. I can't be sure, but I think it's been one of the first times you've been at a Grand Slam without your mom, dad, Venus being here. Is it different, strange, or no effect?

SERENA WILLIAMS: No. I'm 31, you know. I really have to go back to the drawing boards if I can't compete with one of them here. I really need to reevaluate my life.
Hezonja

Postby ivana23 » 14 Aug 2013, 19:50

Zna li neko zasto Serena igra (u poslednje vreme) stalno u majici sa dugackim rukavima?
ivana23

Postby Milutinov Tata » 17 Sep 2013, 05:09

Seventeen Stats For Seventeen Slams

1. Serena won her fifth US Open, tying her for second-most in the Open Era (Evert has 6, Graf also 5)

2. Serena won her 17th Grand Slam title, still fourth-most in the Open Era but creeping closer and closer to the others (Graf leads with 22, Evert and Navratilova are tied for second with 18 each)

3. Serena's $3.6-million payout was the biggest prize money payout in tennis history ($2.6 million for winning the US Open and a $1 million bonus for winning the Emirates Airline US Open Series); Rafael Nadal matched the feat on the men's side after winning the US Open men's final on Monday

4. Serena now has $9,077,322 prize money on the season, shattering Azarenka's single season record from 2012 ($7,923,920) - there are still two months left in the season, too; only three male players have even surpassed $9 million in single season prize money (Federer, Nadal and Djokovic twice)

5. Serena passes $50 million in career prize money earnings now (Venus is next with $28,828,060)

6. Serena is just the second woman to win the Emirates Airline US Open Series and then go on to win the US Open (Clijsters in 2005); the Emirates Airline US Open Series began back in 2004

7. Serena is the first player in the Open Era to win four Grand Slam titles as a 30-something (2012 Wimbledon, 2012 US Open, 2013 French Open, 2013 US Open); Court and Navratilova have three

8. Serena now has 55 WTA titles to her name, tying her with Wade and Davenport for seventh-most all-time (after Navratilova-167, Evert-154, Graf-107, Court-92, Goolagong Cawley-68 and King-67)

9. Serena has now won nine WTA titles so far this year, already the most she has ever won in a single season in her career (before this year her personal best was eight WTA titles in 2002)

10. Serena is now 17-4 in Grand Slam finals, the only losses coming at the 2001 US Open (to Venus), 2004 Wimbledon (to Sharapova), 2008 Wimbledon (to Venus) and 2011 US Open (to Stosur); it's the second-best winning percentage in Grand Slam finals in the Open Era (.810 - Court was 11-1/.971)

11. Serena now has 10 Grand Slam titles on hardcourts - five Australian Opens and five US Opens - more Grand Slam titles on hardcourts than anyone in the Open Era (she was tied with Graf at nine)

12. Serena had never won back-to-back US Open titles before (she had defended Grand Slams three times before - 2002/2003 Wimbledon, 2009/2010 Australian Open and 2009/2010 Wimbledon)

13. Serena has won 7 of her 10 Grand Slams as No.1 (2002 US Open, 2003 Australian Open, 2003 Wimbledon, 2010 Australian Open, 2010 Wimbledon, 2013 French Open and 2013 US Open)

14. With exactly 14 years between the 1999 US Open and the 2013 US Open, Serena has the longest Grand Slam winning span for any player in the Open Era (Evert, Navratilova and Graf had 12 years)

15. Serena is now 13-3 head-to-head against Azarenka, currently her chief rival on the tour (and her next rivals: 14-2 against Sharapova, 6-0 against Radwanska, 9-1 against Li and 6-0 against Errani)

16. Serena is now 67-4 this year and 115-6 since the start of the 2012 clay court season; only one player in that 17-month stretch has beaten her in straight sets (Kerber at Cincinnati last summer)

Last but not least, a special one for No.17...

17. Serena and Rafael Nadal have now won each Grand Slam together - the Australian Open (2009), the French Open (2013), Wimbledon (2010) and the US Open (2013) - they are the first male-female pair in the entire history of tennis, not just in the Open Era, to win all four Grand Slams together!

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3453148/title/seventeen-stats-for-seventeen-slams
#10 Gracias Dios, por el fútbol, por Maradona, por estas lágrimas.

#8 #24

OI 2016/2021
SP 2009/2015
EP 2006/2012/2014/2016/2018
SK 2010/2014
SL 2007/2008/2010/2011/2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2019
MI 2009/2018

OSVOJILI SMO SVEEEEEE!!!
Milutinov Tata

Postby Milutinov Tata » 26 Sep 2013, 14:43

#8 #24

OI 2016/2021
SP 2009/2015
SK 2010/2014
MI 2009/2018

OSVOJILI SMO SVEEEEEE!!!
Milutinov Tata

Postby Milutinov Tata » 26 Sep 2013, 17:29

Serena Vilijams - GS trofeji u slikama:

Singl - 17

Spoiler: pokaži
US Open 1999
Serena Vilijams - Martina Hingis 6-3 7-6 (7-4)

Rolan Garos 2002
Serena Vilijams - Venus Vilijams 7-5 6-3

Vimbldon 2002
Serena Vilijams - Venus Vilijams 7-6 (7-4) 6-3

US Open 2002
Serena Vilijams - Venus Vilijams 6-4 6-3

AO 2003
Serena Vilijams - Venus Vilijams 7-6 (7-4) 3-6 6-4

Vimbldon 2003
Serena Vilijams - Venus Vilijams 4-6 6-4 6-2

AO 2005
Serena Vilijams - Lindzi Devenport 2-6 6-3 6-0

AO 2007
Serena Vilijams - Marija Sarapova 6-1 6-2

US Open 2008
Serena Vilijams - Jelena Jankovic 6-4 7-5

AO 2009
Serena Vilijams - Dinara Safina 6-0 6-3

Vimbldon 2009
Serena Vilijams - Venus Vilijams 7-6 (7-3) 6-2

AO 2010
Serena Vilijams - Zistin Enan 6-4 3-6 6-2

Vimbldon 2010
Serena Vilijams - Vera Zvonareva 6-3 6-2

Vimbldon 2012
Serena Vilijams - Agnjeska Radvanjska 6-1 5-7 6-2

US Open 2012
Serena Vilijams - Viktorija Azarenka 6-2 2-6 7-5

Rolan Garos 2013
Serena Vilijams - Marija Sarapova 6-4 6-4

US Open 2013
Serena Vilijams - Viktorija Azarenka 7-5 6-7 (6-8) 6-1

Dubl - 13

Rolan Garos - 1999
Serena Vilijams/Venus Vilijams - Ana Kurnjikova/Martina Hingis 6-3 6-7 (2-7) 8-6

US Open 1999
Serena Vilijams/Venus Vilijams - Canda Rubin/Sandrin Testi 4-6 6-1 6-4

Vimbldon 2000
Serena Vilijams/Venus Vilijams - Zili Alar-Dekuzi/Ai Sugijama 6-3 6-2

AO 2001
Serena Vilijams/Venus Vilijams - Lindzi Devenport/Korina Morariju 6-2 4-6 6-4

Vimbldon 2002
Serena Vilijams/Venus Vilijams - Virzinija Ruano Pascval/Paola Suarez 6-2 7-5

AO 2003
Serena Vilijams/Venus Vilijams - Virzinija Ruano Pascval/Paola Suarez 4-6 6-4 6-3

Vimbldon 2008
Serena Vilijams/Venus Vilijams - Liza Rejmond/Samanta Stosur 6-2 6-2

AO 2009
Serena Vilijams/Venus Vilijams - Danijela Hantuhova/Ai Sugijama 6-3 6-3

Vimbldon 2009
Serena Vilijams/Venus Vilijams - Samanta Stosur/Rene Stabs 7-6 (7-4) 6-4

US Open 2009
Serena Vilijams/Venus Vilijams - Kara Blek/Lizel Huber 6-2 6-2

AO 2010
Serena Vilijams/Venus Vilijams - Kara Blek/Lizel Huber 6-4 6-3

Rolan Garos 2010
Serena Vilijams/Venus Vilijams - Kveta Pecke/Katarina Srebotnik 6-2 6-3

Vimbldon 2012
Serena Vilijams/Venus Vilijams - Andrea Hlavackova/Lusi Hradecka 7-5 6-4

Miks - 2

Vimbldon 1998
Serena Vilijams/Maks Mirnji - Mirjana Lucic/Mahes Bupati 6-4 6-4

US Open 1998
Serena Vilijams/Maks Mirnji - Liza Rejmond/Patrik Galbrajt 6-2 6-2

#8 #24

OI 2016/2021
SP 2009/2015
SK 2010/2014
MI 2009/2018

OSVOJILI SMO SVEEEEEE!!!
Milutinov Tata

Postby alcesta » 27 Sep 2013, 18:39

Svaka čast Venus koliko je izgurala u Tokiju, mislila sam da fizički više neće biti u stanju da igra takve mečeve zaredom. Šteta što nije izdržala do kraja.
alcesta

Postby Gama » 30 Sep 2013, 22:44

Venus Williams comes into Beijing on the heels of a fantastic week in Tokyo. What drives her? Who's her favorite player? Read what the former No.1 said about all those and more right here.

TOKYO, Japan - After showing encouraging signs in the summer, Venus Williams put it all together in Tokyo last week, beating Victoria Azarenka and winning a pair of marathons against Simona Halep and Eugenie Bouchard to reach the semifinals, where she was just barely edged by Petra Kvitova.

Along the way she talked about her struggles, her resurgence, the World No.1 and goals - here she is...

On seeminly dealing better with Sjögren's Syndrome lately...
"Physically I'm always working on getting better. Since I came back to the tour last year, I've always been trying new things to improve myself, always trying something new, always trying to get an edge.

"In the beginning I tried traditional medicine and different things, but I didn't think I was getting results, so I tried more untraditional things, and as of late I feel like I've been seeing better results with that. So for me the key has been to keep trying different things. It's like a tennis match - sometimes some things work and some things don't, and you just have to be patient with everything and keep fighting.

"It's a massive learning curve. It's a massive undertaking to learn how to play with all these issues."

What keeps her going to fight through it and return to the upper echelon of the game...
"Perhaps I don't have the same health as my opponents, but I just get out there and hold my head high no matter what, and I try not to think about it. I just can't go out onto the court with any fear.

"The motivation for me is that I have a lot left to give. I haven't had a lot of good luck, so I know my luck's bound to turn. And when I sit at home and see tennis on TV, I know I can be out there.

"I've trained my whole life for this. I won't give up that easily. Serena won't let me quit anyway!"

On Serena...
"It's awesome to see her play so well. She's an inspiration to me and to people around the world.

"She's my favorite player."

On what she would have done if she had an hour to kill in Tokyo...
"Definitely karaoke. I would also get my nails done - the nails are unbelievable in Japan. Fabulous. Serena's influence has rubbed off on me and I'm so into nails now. And obviously seeing the creativity of the people here - there are so many out of the box designers, and how the people dress here, it opens your mind. But I keep playing these three hour matches, so I haven't had much time to go out!"

On whether this is the best she's played in a long time...
"I haven't really thought about that - maybe I should. I'm just trying to live up to my potential more than anything. I just want to get the best out of myself. Quite obviously my main goal right now is to stay healthy, and beyond that I'm just trying to improve. Clearly my serve's getting better and better.

"So stay healthy, learn from the past, live in the moment and look forward to the future."

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3 ... VYEDf.dpuf
Gama

Postby Opojni zumbul » 09 Oct 2013, 13:48

Još uvek traje aktuelna teniska sezona a Serena ne staje, najavila je da novu počinje u Brizbejnu.
Opojni zumbul

Postby alcesta » 09 Oct 2013, 13:49

Pročitala sam negde da je Venus u Tokiju oborila svoj rekord brzine servisa sa 209 km/h, ali joj nije priznat jer Japanci nemaju odgovarajuće merače?! :krsti:
alcesta

PreviousNext

Return to Teniseri i teniserke