Board index Tenis Teniseri i teniserke

Miloš Raonić

Re: Miloš Raonić

Postby Gama » 17 Apr 2012, 21:40

A. MONTANES/M. Raonic 6-2, 3-6, 6-3

An interview with: MILOS RAONIC

THE MODERATOR: I questions.

Q. What happened after your second set comeback?
MILOS RAONIC: I don't know. It's something I'm going to have to think about sort of what happened the whole match.
I felt like I just didn't play that well throughout the whole match. I was fortunate to get through that second set and turn it around as quickly and as well as I did.
But I felt like I just wasn't able to take aggression enough, and I wasn't able to control and play the way I wanted to play. I felt I was missing a bit too much and giving away a few too many free points.

Q. What about your knee?
MILOS RAONIC: No, the body has been good. It's had a week off after Miami. But I was training for two weeks. But I've been sort of able to get it all together. I've actually been feeling pretty good.
I thought I was playing much better leading up to this match, and today I was disappointed with the way things went.

Q. What do you have to change for next week?
MILOS RAONIC: Just sort of stick to my own game a little more, sort of cut down on the errors, sort of not try to change too many things, and go back to the way I know how to play, not in somebody else's world.

http://www.monte-carlorolexmasters.com/News/Tennis/2012/Interview-Transcripts/Milos-Raonic-Monday.aspx
Gama

Postby alcesta » 17 Apr 2012, 21:55

Bio intervju s njim na SK, od ranije kad je trenirao s Novakom pred turnir. Mnogo mu je sladak naglasak, a tek padeži :inlove: :biggrin:
I will not walk your dusty path and flat,
denoting this and that by this and that,
your world immutable wherein no part
the little maker has with Maker's art.
I bow not yet before the Iron Crown,
nor cast my own small golden sceptre down.
alcesta

Postby Milutinov Tata » 28 Apr 2012, 05:19

#10 Gracias Dios, por el fútbol, por Maradona, por estas lágrimas.

#8 #24

OI 2016/2021
SP 2009/2015
EP 2006/2012/2014/2016/2018
SK 2010/2014
SL 2007/2008/2010/2011/2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2019
MI 2009/2018

OSVOJILI SMO SVEEEEEE!!!
Milutinov Tata

Postby Dejan » 28 Apr 2012, 13:26

@Tata
Klip je postavljen na prethodnoj strani....
...riječi su isto kao i gomile ljudi, nije nužno znati za sve, odaberi za sebe samo one prave...
Dejan

Postby Milutinov Tata » 28 Apr 2012, 16:10

Izvinjavam se :blush: . Juce mi stiglo pismo od Tennis Canada sa detaljima, pa sam isao na njihov sajt.

#8 #24

OI 2016/2021
SP 2009/2015
SK 2010/2014
MI 2009/2018

OSVOJILI SMO SVEEEEEE!!!
Milutinov Tata

Postby Milutinov Tata » 28 Apr 2012, 17:32

Izgleda da je Raonic juce postigao najvecu pobedu za nekog kanadskog tenisera na ATP turu.

Interesting that Ivan Lendl was in the stands in Barcelona today watching his prize pupil, Andy Murray, being beaten on red clay by surging Canadian star Milos Raonic.

It was Lendl, after all, who was involved in what might have been, until Raonic's win over Murray, the most significant ATP tour victory by a Canadian ever.

That was back in June, 1991 at Queen's Club, a grass tourney regarded as a warmup to Wimbledon. Lendl was the third-ranked player in the world, but that day he was beaten by Canada's Grant Connell in a stunning three-set upset.

That was a second-round match, however, compared to the 25th ranked Raonic's quarterfinal triumph today in Barcelona over Murray, the No. 4 ranked player in the world.

The other significant win by a Canadian player on tour - not counting, of course, Daniel Nestor's 1992 win over world No. 1 Stefan Edberg, which was in Davis Cup competition - came in 2007 when Frank Dancevic defeated Andy Roddick, then No. 5 in the world, in a semifinal match at Indianapolis.

It was the biggest career win for Dancevic, who went on to lose the final to Dmitry Tursonov.

That said, Raonic is on a completely different career curve, one that could land him in the top 10 before the year is over.

#8 #24

OI 2016/2021
SP 2009/2015
SK 2010/2014
MI 2009/2018

OSVOJILI SMO SVEEEEEE!!!
Milutinov Tata

Postby alcesta » 29 Apr 2012, 13:14

Mene je Miloš oduševio kako je igrao u Barseloni :jupi: nisam ovo uopšte očekivala, Almagro pa Mari, bez obzira što Mari nije neki šljakaš, Miloš je još manje. Čak se i protiv Ferera odlično držao. Mislim da na prste možemo prebrojati koliko je ATP mečeva na šljaci odigrao u životu. Doduše ovo mu je skoro pa domaći teren, možda mu ovde i bolje odgovara nego na drugim turnirima kad tu trenira.

Samo mi je bilo žao što nije dobio Verdaska u žrebu, ali nadam se na nekom od idućih turnira :fies: oduševljena sam koliko je napredovao, pogotovo kako izdržava razmene iz bekhenda. Iako naravno ima još mnooooogo prostora za napredak, što je još bolje. :okk:
alcesta

Postby alcesta » 30 Apr 2012, 14:46

Od danas je 23, još jedan renking karijere :jupi: plus ne brani ama baš ništa do sezone trave, a i onda neku siću. Top 20 nije daleko, samo da ostane čitav i ne polomi se opet.
alcesta

Postby dr placebo » 30 Apr 2012, 21:20

Svaka mu čast, oduševio me je protiv Ferera na šljaci, a još ima prostora za napredak. Mislim da ima i igru i psihološki je dovoljno jak za top 10 u narednih godinu, dve.
http://www.profesionalnitenis.com/

"Ljudi izgleda ne shvataju kakav se rat vodi na teniskom terenu. Možda moji metodi nekome nisu socijalno prihvatljivi, ali ne igram da bih voleo svoje protivnike. Igram da ih uništim" - Džimi Konors
dr placebo

Postby Gama » 30 Apr 2012, 22:32

Gama

Postby Gama » 09 May 2012, 09:47

Gama

Postby Milutinov Tata » 01 Jun 2012, 04:55

There was a surprise in Milos Raonic’s very first service game in his second-round match with Jesse Levine on Court 3 on Thursday – he was broken after he double-faulted on the first point and then missed a volley and two forehands to concede a rare service break.

But Levine’s 2-0 advantage didn’t last very long as Raonic broke back right away and then again in Levine’s next service game to take control of the match that he would never relinquish.

The final score was 6-4, 7-5, 6-2 for the Canadian who was born in Montenegro over the American who was born in Canada.

Raonic flat-out overpowered Levine and when I spoke to Canadian Davis Cup captain Martin Laurendeau later in the day he told me that Levine had told him that he had not expected the Roanic forehand to be quite so devastating.

It was very impressive and there were a couple on the service return that were hit with such pulverizing force that they had to have an unsettling effect on Levine.

They ultimately probably did in the second set when Levine managed to stay with Raonic to 5-all. But then he started his service game with a wild backhand error followed by a forehand error. A big service return by Raonic that he couldn’t handle and Levine was in a love-40 hole. He was broken three points later when he tried an angled backhand cross-court that wound up in the net.

I had earlier written in my notepad, “you sense that Levine is feeling constantly under pressure because of Raonic’s big hitting.” It was almost like a boxer absorbing blows from an opponent in a heavier weight class.

Levine is listed at 5-foot-9, Raonic at 6-foot-5, and the difference in their heights is clear in the picture of the post-victory handshake.

There are levers, because of Milos’ size, that enable him to do some very explosive things with a tennis ball, and he is getting better and better at exploiting them.

Here were just a few interesting stats on serve that illustrate Raonic’s huge advantage. Raonic’s average first serve speed (210 km/h), Levine (170 km/hr), average second serve speed: Raonic (172 km/hr), Levine (146 km/hr) and fastest serve speed: Raonic (228 km/hr), Levine (198 km/hr).

I was sitting near his coach Galo Blanco during the match and it was fun to listen to his occasional words of counsel to his player.

Part way through the second set, he simply called out “legs.” Then at 4-4 it was, “more energy.” As the first game of the final set began he said, “from the first game.” Finally, there was some outright praise in the fourth game as Milos really stepped up things in the final set, “good reaction Milos…perfect.”

Raonic himself was not entirely pleased with his performance, especially his serve, but he played a very solid match. I thought it was interesting when he said, after playing for his seventh straight week on red clay, “I don’t think about it as clay anymore. Right now we’ve gone through two months of the season and you forget what you’re playing on.”

Next for him on Saturday is No. 13 seed Juan Monaco. The Argentine is a genuine dirt-baller and will be a huge test for Raonic, especially because Rafael Nadal will likely be the next opponent in the round-of-16. Of all the players Milos has played so far during the clay-court season, he said that No. 6-ranked David Ferrer is probably the most comparable to Monaco. He lost once to Ferrer this spring – without dropping his serve by a 7-6(2), 7-6(5) score in the semifinals of Barcelona.

“Ferrer is the closest,” Raonic said about Monaco. “I think he serves a bit better than Ferrer. And he does more with the forehand than guys like Nalbandian and Almagro (both of whom he has played and beaten in the past few weeks). He’s one of those kind of guys.”

The Raonic camp so far at Roland Garros includes Blanco, physio Juan Ozon, his mother Vesna and his agent Graham Cross.

#8 #24

OI 2016/2021
SP 2009/2015
SK 2010/2014
MI 2009/2018

OSVOJILI SMO SVEEEEEE!!!
Milutinov Tata

Postby Gama » 15 Jun 2012, 09:02

Raonic In NUVO Magazine’s Summer 2012 Issue

ImageImage

Game, Set, Milos

Spoiler: pokaži
There is a lot that happens in the five milliseconds before Milos Raonic smashes his tennis racket against the ball he just tossed above his head. The head itself (with once wild, now professionally coiffed, hair) is locked back in rapt attention. Six thousand sets of eyes in the arena are focused on that little yellow ball, so it might be hovering by collective mind power. They are mainly the eyes of Canadian fans, as this branch of the Davis Cup is being played in Vancouver; and there is hope in their eyes, since the Canadian team, of which Raonic is undoubtedly the star, is far outmatched by their French adversaries. The Canadians have lost their first match, but Raonic is one point away from evening the score. Fully stretched to make the serve, his six-foot-five frame becomes a kind of bow—bent in a single, tense concave, and arcing from the top of his Wilson to the toes of his size-14 shoes. Even the drunken yahoos who have been calling to him like he’s their younger brother—“We love you, Milos!” “Milos, use the Force!”—have for this moment, at last, shut up. The world holds its breath.
Raonic has a serve that’s been clocked at 249 kilometres an hour—the second-fastest serve ever recorded in professional tennis. It’s easy to imagine it breaking bullet-style through his opponent’s racket altogether. Two hundred forty-nine kilometres an hour. For the record, that’s 80 kilometres an hour faster than the hardest slapshot ever taken in the NHL. This is only one element, though, in Raonic’s skill set, and he’ll tell you as much. “I have the weapons to win,” he says while we drive through a sun-dazzled downtown Vancouver. “It’s just a matter of learning how to use those weapons.” With his cracking voice and barely a beard to shave, it’s bizarre to imagine that this 21-year-old is now the greatest tennis star in Canada’s history. He is the 25th-best player in the world. As we talk, his eyes graze up at the glass towers that slip by his window, and he leans perpetually forward in his seat, legs apart like a man on a jumping horse. Yet there’s no showmanship in his words at all; he speaks softly, if pointedly. What must it feel like to be barely able to order a beer in some parts of the world, but also know that you’re better at this one thing than nearly seven billion others?
Watching Raonic play, one is aware of a coolness, an almost Zenlike quality, which belies his youth. On the court he doesn’t grunt or bare his teeth the way his opponents do. He puts one in mind of a Jedi master, batting missiles away with his eyes closed. “I’m at my best,” he says, “when I have a serenity. So I work to not get fired up. Every time I get emotional, I make mistakes.” In fact, there’s a calmness about Raonic off the court, too. Like most men accustomed to being the tallest person in the room, he has a blameless mixture of confidence and shrugs. He doesn’t make much eye contact—when Raonic was interviewed after the Australian Open, the interviewer had to stop the camera at one point and ask the young champion to look him in the eyes, instead of staring straight into the lens. But that’s more a sign of Raonic’s careful speech than anything else. He has dropped the guffawing, anxious talk that most men his age employ. Does he meditate to achieve his rare calm? “No, but I bring a chair into the shower and sit under the water for an hour.”
The coolness is backed up, of course, by real—and relentless—work. It started at the age of eight, when a tennis club full of 12-year-olds wouldn’t let him in. Raonic worked against a ball machine from 7:00 to 8:30 a.m. every day before school, and then from 9:00 to 10:30 p.m. afterward until, six months later, the club let him in. Today he’s still usually the youngest, the upstart; the average player on the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) world’s top 100 list is five years older than Raonic. And though he’s already breached the top 30, he’s a year younger than anyone else in that bracket.

Statistically speaking, Raonic shouldn’t be anywhere on the ATP world rankings list at all. And not just because of his age, either. What makes Raonic a real anomaly is the country he calls home. Tennis players are from France, or Switzerland, or the USA, or Serbia, or Spain; they can be from Sweden or Germany or Ukraine. But Milos Raonic hails from Thornhill, Ontario, just north of Toronto, a place that has the same reputation for producing great tennis players as Iceland or Melanesia—which is to say, none.
Gama

Postby ivana23 » 02 Sep 2012, 14:53

US Open Tennis Championships15.39 - Јавно
We're hosting a +Google+ Hangout On Air with No. 15 seed Milos Raonic TODAY at 11:15 AM. If you would like to participate, add +US Open Tennis Championships to your circles and post what question you want to ask Milos below.

ivana23

Postby Milutinov Tata » 05 Sep 2012, 14:31

Kakva faca, kao psiho :crybaby:

#8 #24

OI 2016/2021
SP 2009/2015
SK 2010/2014
MI 2009/2018

OSVOJILI SMO SVEEEEEE!!!
Milutinov Tata

PreviousNext

Return to Teniseri i teniserke