Board index Tenis Teniseri i teniserke

Andrea Petkovic

Re: Andrea Petkovic

Postby Milutinov Tata » 14 Jan 2013, 15:43

Na zalost cini mi se da njena karijera nema neku svetlu buducnost, izgleda da je "krhke " gradje, vec godinu i po dana je konstatno na bolovanjima. Bas steta jer je mnogo pozitivna i unosi malo vedrog duha i dobre atmosfere, cega na WTA turu skoro i nema (sem Karolininih pokusaja :roll: ).
#10 Gracias Dios, por el fútbol, por Maradona, por estas lágrimas.

#8 #24

OI 2016/2021
SP 2009/2015
EP 2006/2012/2014/2016/2018
SK 2010/2014
SL 2007/2008/2010/2011/2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2019
MI 2009/2018

OSVOJILI SMO SVEEEEEE!!!
Milutinov Tata

Postby Gama » 28 Feb 2013, 23:47

Sorana o Andrei :)

I'm in Vegas till Sunday, when we will be driving to Indian Wells.
I have an early practice with Andrea Petkovic, and she is German, so I'm not allowed to be late!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes she is back and she is here as well - I'm so happy to see her healthy again, fit and ready to go. She is a sweetheart of a girl, one of the nicest people I know, and the tour is always a much better place when she's around.
http://www.wtatennis.com/blogs/article/3092894/title/soris-story-home-away-from-home
Gama

Postby Hezonja » 24 Mar 2013, 11:31

Petkovic Talks Comeback, Fan Love, Dancing

By Blair Henley
(March 22, 2013) -- Andrea Petkovic has had a busy five years. During that time, she demolished her ACL, suffered from a stress fracture in her back, severely sprained her ankle, and ruptured her meniscus. Oh, and she started a successful YouTube channel while also working her way into the WTA top 10.

Petkovic is currently in the midst of what she hopes will be the last comeback of her career, playing just her second tournament back after a meniscus tear at this year’s Hopman Cup. But unlike some injured players who drop off the publicity radar once their rankings drop out of the top 100, fans have closely followed Petkovic’s recovery; her unique personality setting her apart from the sometimes indistinguishable group of “-ic’s” and “-ova’s” on the WTA Tour.

Though Petkovic, or “Petkorazzi” as she’s known to her YouTube followers, admits she’s not sure why people are so invested in her career, she appreciates the encouragement.

“I feel so thankful and grateful for the support,” she told Tennis Now from the Sony Open in Miami. “It just feels like there are so many people who are paying attention, taking care of me, and screaming during points.”

In fact, Petkovic found herself getting emotional during her Indian Wells doubles match with good friend and fellow German Angelique Kerber.

“I made a great shot and there was one guy who screamed, ‘Petko, we love you! We have missed you so much!’ I started tearing up, and my partner was like, ‘Petko, please…,’” she said, laughing. “[Those things] just make playing so much more enjoyable. It makes me feel like I’m in the place where I belong.

A fit 5’11”, Petkovic is as athletic as they come. And despite a current ranking of 162, she certainly looked like she belonged back at the top with a commanding win Thursday over 11th-ranked Marion Bartoli in the Sony Open second round. Bartoli retired with an ankle injury down 1-4 in the second set, but Petkovic looked confident in her game, and more importantly, her footwork.

“I was really satisfied with my movement because that is what I am paying most attention to right now after my injuries,” she said. “Also my strokes felt really fluid. Technically I was playing really good. I was sticking to the match plan that my coach gave me.”

As positive as Petkovic is feeling right now, she admits that the meniscus tear had her wondering whether she could make her way back yet again. Well-educated and an avid reader (she lists Wilde and Goethe among her favorite authors), Petkovic had alternate routes to choose from. At 25 years old, no one would have blamed her for deciding to move on from professional tennis. Ironically, it was her search for a second career that had her running, or in this case hobbling, back to the sport she loves.

“I did actually ask for a few internships,” she said. “I asked a few magazines if I could do an internship. I asked a few politicians that I know if I could do an internship. They all told me you can come whenever you want, and you can stay as long as you want. But I never really wanted.”

Petkovic appropriately went on to describe her tennis career as a “book that is not finished yet.” In an effort to add as many pages to that book as possible, she’s adjusted her practice schedule, moving to shorter, more efficient workouts.

“If you hit 1,000 balls, you just don’t care,” she explained. “You’re like a machine. You do it because you have to do it. Now, every stroke I try to feel every ball that I hit. It just makes more sense to me somehow.”

Petkovic seems at peace with the comeback process and says her current goal is to gain direct entry into the main draw of a Grand Slam. Of course, she’s also still hoping to get back to the career-high ranking of No. 9 that she achieved in 2011.

“If you gave me a piece of paper that says in two years you’re going to be back to the top ten, I would sign it immediately,” she said. “It’s tough when you were in the top 10 once to now settle for something less.”

For now, Petkovic says she’s trying to enjoy what she says has been a “great journey.” And for those wondering when her post-match “Petko” dance will make its grand return, well, she says you’d better keep your eyes peeled.

“I put it on timeout for awhile, but if I feel really happy, it can always come out spontaneously. You have to be really aware!”
Hezonja

Postby Gama » 25 Apr 2013, 10:07

Gama

Postby Gama » 04 May 2013, 18:02

Andrea je u Madridu izgubila u 1. kolu kvalifikacija od Bethanie Mattek-Sands 63 75.
Trenutno je 138. na WTA listi
Gama

Postby Gama » 23 May 2013, 00:22

Andrea Petkovic: ''Before, it was almost like a job…''

At the age of 25, Andrea Petkovic is throwing herself into the second stage of her tennis career with her typical gusto. The first stage was brought to a premature end by injuries – to her back, ankle and the meniscus in her right knee – and culminated with the German plummeting from No.9 in the world to No.138, after she was forced to miss a number of Grand Slams, including Roland Garros, where she had made the quarter-finals in 2011. Petkorazzi, as she is known on social media, is ready to do what it takes to scale the heights a second time, including taking part in qualifiers, as is the case here at the 2013 French Open. And she is doing it all with her trademark effervescent style and relaxed demeanour, which included giving us an interview… in fluent French!

Andrea, first of all, what was the exact nature of the injuries that forced you to miss so much time?
The first injury was my back, after that my ankle and then the meniscus in my right knee. Physically I think I'm back to 100% again, or as good as, which wasn't the case as recently as two months ago (smiles). My knee still hurts, so does my back but overall I feel good and I'm really happy. I'm really enjoying playing now. I've got no fear, but the main thing is, I like playing, which wasn't always the case before. At the end of the day, playing tennis had become almost like a job.

Was it the fact that you were injured, forced to watch others play and wondering if you would be able to make a comeback that made you appreciate things more?
It was a very difficult situation, that's for sure. Now it's a bit tough for me – I used to be in the top ten and now I have to go through the qualies. But I'm fine with that! It's good for me because the young players like the one I played today (Ukraine's Nadiya Kichenok) are very, very good and it's useful for me to have matches that aren't one-way traffic.

The last time you were at Roland Garros was in 2011, when you made it through to the quarter-finals. What was it like earlier in the week when you came back here for the first time?
(grins) Yeah… it was weird to come back because Roland Garros is my favourite Grand Slam, I've always said that. It's the first one I ever played and I got through qualifiers at the first attempt, back in 2007, so it's always been my favourite! So now, each time I come back… it's hard to describe how I feel. It's very moving for me. I love Roland Garros and I love Paris for all the history that is has, the French Revolution, politics… It's a really special place for me.

There was a really good atmosphere in the stands for your first match, not only courtesy of the German fans that were there but also the French ones. You seem to have a lot of support from people who are hoping to see you get back to your best!
(Laughs) Yes, it's strange! Even more so because I played quite early in the morning but there were still a lot of people there. It's really nice because it proves that people haven't forgotten about me.

You weren't totally inactive while you were injured, and thanks to your Twitter account, we could see that you were still keeping up with what was happening on the circuit.
I didn't watch any tennis at all on the television for the first three months because it was just too tough for me. Afterwards, once I'd come to terms with the fact that I was injured and that there was nothing I could do about it, things got easier and I got back to watching tennis again, first men's and then women's. But it was tough because when you see the others, you want to go out and play yourself. But I'm here now, so all's well that ends well! (smile)

You say that you like Paris – is there a particular place where you like to go or something that you like to do when you're here?
My favourite place is the Louvre! I like to go to museums and this is my favourite one in the whole world. I like to walk around and look at the different exhibitions they have every time. I went to see Dali in Madrid and that was special too, but the Louvre really is the one I like most.
Gama

Postby alcesta » 23 May 2013, 20:40

giving us an interview… in fluent French!
:bravo:
Nije ni ovde prošla kvalifikacije :(
I will not walk your dusty path and flat,
denoting this and that by this and that,
your world immutable wherein no part
the little maker has with Maker's art.
I bow not yet before the Iron Crown,
nor cast my own small golden sceptre down.
alcesta

Postby Hezonja » 01 Jun 2013, 01:33

Hezonja

Postby Gama » 13 Jun 2013, 09:44

Posle meca u Nirnbergu koji je Andrea dobila

ImageImage

Sa zabave
ImageImage
Gama

Postby Gama » 13 Jun 2013, 21:14

Maya the Bee and her friend Willy, from a comic book series and TV cartoon in Germany

Koliko sam volela ovaj crtani :inlove:
Gama

Postby Gama » 15 Jun 2013, 00:12

Andrea Petkovic stunning Jelena Jankovic in the semifinals to reach her first WTA final since Beijing over 20 months ago. Up next is Simona Halep.

"I'm absolutely overwhelmed right now," Petkovic said. "I think I played a really great match today. I didn't think it would be possible because I was really tired after yesterday, so I pulled all of my power and strength that was left together and managed to put in a good performance out there today."

After falling in the qualifying of the French Open, Petkovic had some dark moments - but there's a reason the German has been as high as No.9 in the world, and she seems to have resurrected herself.

"It's really absurd - two weeks ago I was thinking about quitting tennis because I was playing so badly. I wasn't feeling good on the court and I was doubting myself a lot. But here I am now. The good thing about going through all of that is I appreciate everything much more now. I'm very thankful and grateful for all of this. I never guessed I would get a second chance after all of my injuries, but here it is."

Petkovic will be playing in her sixth WTA final, going 2-3 in those first five. Her two titles both came at International-level clay court tournaments, at Bad Gastein in 2009 and Strasbourg in 2011.

"There's definitely going to be some pressure on me now," she added. "I'll have to try and block it out of my mind. I just need to recover tonight and put another good performance out there tomorrow."
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3210210/title/petkovic-stuns-jankovic-in-nurnberg
Gama

Postby Hezonja » 15 Jun 2013, 00:13

Gama wrote:

WTF!?
Hezonja

Postby Milutinov Tata » 17 Jun 2013, 15:40

Sad ce Kajmak da odlepi kada vidi ovu fotku :D
#10 Gracias Dios, por el fútbol, por Maradona, por estas lágrimas.

#8 #24

OI 2016/2021
SP 2009/2015
EP 2006/2012/2014/2016/2018
SK 2010/2014
SL 2007/2008/2010/2011/2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2019
MI 2009/2018

OSVOJILI SMO SVEEEEEE!!!
Milutinov Tata

Postby Keimaak » 17 Jun 2013, 23:48

Bi..... da nije fotomontaza. :stani:
Јебеш живот без идеологије!

Од рођења мог.. није прошло без имена твог.....
Keimaak

Postby Gama » 09 Oct 2013, 23:45

@andreapetkovic
And this is together. Ballin'. pic.twitter.com/UrcR6j4FVs

Stephens' second round opponent will be former Top 10 player Andrea Petkovic, a 63 75 winner over Yvonne Meusburger.

"All in all it was a good quality match," Petkovic said. "I played really well. The only game I'm really unhappy with is the game I served for the match at 5-2 and I had two double faults. I lost my focus, my concentration. And then she started playing really well again. I don't really have any regrets from 5-3 on to 5-5. All in all I'm pretty satisfied. I moved really well and my strokes were good. Just the focus needs to be better."
Gama

PreviousNext

Return to Teniseri i teniserke