Re: Juan Martín del Potro

Postby alcesta » 28 Feb 2013, 22:15

Rekao je da bi voleo da mu bude trener :laugh:
I will not walk your dusty path and flat,
denoting this and that by this and that,
your world immutable wherein no part
the little maker has with Maker's art.
I bow not yet before the Iron Crown,
nor cast my own small golden sceptre down.
alcesta

Postby alcesta » 15 Mar 2013, 20:35

INDIAN WELLS, Calif. — Juan Martin del Potro hopes to meet Pope Francis, a fellow Argentine, when he plays the Italian Open in Rome in May. The former archbishop of Buenos Aires, Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio, was the first non-European elected to lead the Catholic church.

“I’m very Catholic, so I like this decision,” Del Potro said after his 6-1, 6-2 fourth-round win over Tommy Haas at the BNP Paribas Open. ”For me and for our country and for Argentinian people, it’s so big. Was so impressive for us when they mentioned the new pope and also his name. I think he deserve to be there, so it’s very nice for us.

“We are so proud of him. He’s the first Pope from South America, I think. He’s so big for our own country, also. I wish all the best to him. I think he’s gonna do his work perfect. I wish the best for him.”
alcesta

Postby Dejan » 16 Mar 2013, 13:49

...riječi su isto kao i gomile ljudi, nije nužno znati za sve, odaberi za sebe samo one prave...
Dejan

Postby Dejan » 17 Mar 2013, 21:43

...riječi su isto kao i gomile ljudi, nije nužno znati za sve, odaberi za sebe samo one prave...
Dejan

Postby Hezonja » 23 Mar 2013, 02:13

Del Potro - "Just a bad day and he play really well. He took the chance to beat me tonight, and I think that's it."
Hezonja

Postby Milutinov Tata » 13 Apr 2013, 04:51

Enrique Morea, Gabriela Sabatini and a young Juan Martin del Potro at the 2004 first round tie between Argentina and Japan
#10 Gracias Dios, por el fútbol, por Maradona, por estas lágrimas.

#8 #24

OI 2016/2021
SP 2009/2015
EP 2006/2012/2014/2016/2018
SK 2010/2014
SL 2007/2008/2010/2011/2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2019
MI 2009/2018

OSVOJILI SMO SVEEEEEE!!!
Milutinov Tata

Postby alcesta » 13 Apr 2013, 13:50

Ijaoooo kako je smešan :lol: :lol: :lol:
alcesta

Postby Milutinov Tata » 22 Apr 2013, 03:31

JUNIOR ORANGE BOWL

Boys U14

2002 Juan Del Potro, ARG - Pavel Tchekhov, RUS 6-2 7-6

#10 Gracias Dios, por el fútbol, por Maradona, por estas lágrimas.

#8 #24

OI 2016/2021
SP 2009/2015
EP 2006/2012/2014/2016/2018
SK 2010/2014
SL 2007/2008/2010/2011/2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2019
MI 2009/2018

OSVOJILI SMO SVEEEEEE!!!
Milutinov Tata

Postby Gama » 22 Apr 2013, 22:34

Gama

Postby alcesta » 22 Apr 2013, 23:06

Ovo kao kod nas leti na šetalištu kad se devojka sirota sredi od glave do pete, a momak izađe razgaćen i u papučama, redovna pojava :laugh:
alcesta

Postby Gama » 15 May 2013, 22:46

DEL POTRO MEETS POPE FRANCIS

Juan Martin del Potro met His Holiness Pope Francis, the first Pope from South America and a fellow Argentine, after attending Mass at the Vatican on Wednesday in Rome.

"It was an incredible experience with Pope Francis, something that I'll never forget,” said del Potro. “It was a dream come true for a guy like me. It was an unforgettable moment. I was very nervous before meeting him, to be able to congratulate him and talk with him. He was nice. Everybody knows he is very humble. Today was a day that I'll remember for ever."

ATP World Tour players Carlos Berlocq and Horacio Zeballos of Argentina, South Africa’s Kevin Anderson, Mexico’s Santiago Gonzalez and Marin Cilic of Croatia also attended the service.

Seventh seed del Potro opened his Internazionali BNL d’Italia campaign on Tuesday with a 6-3, 6-2 victory over Andrey Kuznetsov. He returns to action on Thursday with a third-round clash against Benoit Paire.

Gama

Postby Hezonja » 04 Jun 2013, 00:50

Fudbal pre tenisa.Pravi Argentinac.

While Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal are the undisputed top four in world tennis, not far behind them stands a 24-year-old Argentine by the name of Juan Martin del Potro, who has both the game and the stature to look the leading quartet in the eye. In this interview with FIFA.com in Buenos Aires, where he is recovering from a virus that has forced him to skip the French Open, the 6’4-tall speaks about his love for football.

Is there a place for football in your hectic playing schedule?

Absolutely. It’s the number-one for me. I really love it. I watch football in my spare time and I play it with my friends too. I don’t get a lot of free time in Buenos Aires, but we’ve got some teams set up over in Tandil and every time I go there for a few days we have a few games before the sun goes down or before a barbecue. I follow Boca Juniors closely but I like all types of football to be honest, and when I’m in Argentina I can see a bit more of the team I support.

Football and a barbecue: is that a typical day with your friends?

We have a game at about six or seven in the evening and we play for an hour on a seven- or nine-a-side pitch. We don’t play on a full-size pitch because you have to run around lot and I already do plenty of that when I play tennis (laughs). The winners don’t have to do anything later. The losing team has to set the table, do the shopping and the barbecue and tidy everything up afterwards. In Tandil we’ve got really good salamis and cheeses and the losing team always has to do the snacks as well. We stay up late and have a really good time.

Which position do you play in?

Centre-forward. I’ve enjoyed playing there since I was a kid. I used to play a lot in the centre of defence too. I liked the position with all the passing and running. I ended up playing up front though and the fact is I love the game. Actually I like it even more than tennis, which is like a job to me now. I still have this desire deep down to play a competitive match for any club that will have me when I finish my tennis career. I want to experience that intensity and play for points, which is what I did when I was young.

Which club did you play for?

I played for Independiente de Tandil and we were always fighting for the title. We played in a lot of regional and national competitions, where we came up against the likes of Boca, Newell’s, Colon, Racing Club and Independiente. You can imagine how big the gap was between us and big teams like them but I just thought it was fantastic. You’d play Boca and they were all there in their matching kit and boots and with the same balls, and there we were with the little bit of kit we had. We were kids living a dream, though. When I was about 12 or 13 I had to choose between tennis and football and I went for tennis.

How difficult was it for you to make that choice?

Really, really hard. My football coach spoke a lot with my tennis coach. Neither of them wanted to let me go, and the fact is I always liked football more. The decision came about, though, because there was a very important football tournament at the same time as a South American championship for 12-year-olds in Brazil. As I’d never been out of the country, I said: ‘I’m going to Brazil to play tennis.’ It was the first time I’d been on a plane and my first tennis tournament and I ended up being the best player. That came as a complete surprise for everyone, for my family and my coach. When I got back they said I had a chance of making it and that it would be difficult for me to carry on playing both sports, which meant I had a decision to make. I said tennis, and I spent three of four months just playing that. Then I said to myself: ‘No, it’s football for me.’ So I put the racket away, carried on with my studies at school and played nothing else but football. That’s the way things were till I was nearly 14, which is when I lost enthusiasm for it and felt something for tennis instead. So I got my head down and devoted myself to tennis.

Do you think you would have had a good career if you’d stuck with football?

From what they said when I was a boy, yes. They said I was like Marangoni (Claudio, who played for Independiente and Boca in the 1980s) because of my physique and the way I played. But then I started growing and I wasn’t as nimble on my feet. That’s why they put me up front. I loved playing football. I’d kick a ball against a wall for an hour before tennis training and afterwards I’d spend another hour playing football. Some of my team-mates from back then play in the Argentino A (the national third tier) for Independiente. I don’t know if I’d have made it with Boca or another big team but I definitely would have made it with them.

What’s your first football memory?

Kid’s tournaments that we’d play on five-a-side pitches, when I was about 8 or 9 and already playing against kids who were a couple of years older. I’d be wearing football kit every weekend from eight in the morning through to nine at night, playing match after match after match.

Did you go to sleep wearing your Boca jersey?

Yes, yes. I was all ready the day before. I had my boots at the ready and my grandfather would get me a ball. I had the lot. I remember a funny incident when I was about 11 or 12, playing in a tournament in Tandil. The parents of the opposing players were saying: ‘That kid’s really big. We should check his papers’. They’d hit all these crosses and I’d head or kick the ball away further than anyone, and really hard too. People would always talk about whether I was older than I said I was.

Why Boca?

Because of my grandfather. There are a lot of Boca fans in my family, my dad included. When you’re young you start supporting a club even though you don’t understand that much, and then you start to watch more and more games. I caught Boca’s most successful era and that’s when I became a real fan. I was lucky enough to meet a lot of the players and to become friends with some of the club’s legends. For me as a fan and a person it doesn’t get any better than that.
Hezonja

Postby Opojni zumbul » 04 Jun 2013, 11:02

Hoće li Delpo igrati Kvins, mada njemu paradoksalno trava najmanje odgovara?
Opojni zumbul

Postby Hezonja » 06 Jun 2013, 16:43

Hezonja

Postby alcesta » 06 Jun 2013, 16:53

Nikako da pohvatam o kolikoj pauzi govori. Znači li to da propušta i Vimbldon ili je pričao o RG samo?
alcesta

PreviousNext

Return to Teniseri i teniserke