Board index Tenis Teniseri i teniserke

Eugenie Bouchard - Princeza Džini

Re: Eugenie Bouchard - Princeza Džini

Postby Hezonja » 17 Feb 2014, 00:08

Au, koja ispala :wacko: ...Ja mislio to se igra izjutra.
Hezonja

Postby alcesta » 17 Feb 2014, 00:22

Pa i igrale su jutros.
I will not walk your dusty path and flat,
denoting this and that by this and that,
your world immutable wherein no part
the little maker has with Maker's art.
I bow not yet before the Iron Crown,
nor cast my own small golden sceptre down.
alcesta

Postby Hezonja » 17 Feb 2014, 00:24

alcesta wrote:Pa i igrale su jutros.

Pa mislio sutra tj. danas ujutru.
Hezonja

Postby Gama » 17 Feb 2014, 00:57

Igra ujutru poslednje kolo protiv Anike Bek, dve mlade nade
Gama

Postby Milutinov Tata » 17 Feb 2014, 07:34

Sampionka RG protiv sampionke Vimbldona. Naravno juniorske :D
#10 Gracias Dios, por el fútbol, por Maradona, por estas lágrimas.

#8 #24

OI 2016/2021
SP 2009/2015
EP 2006/2012/2014/2016/2018
SK 2010/2014
SL 2007/2008/2010/2011/2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2019
MI 2009/2018

OSVOJILI SMO SVEEEEEE!!!
Milutinov Tata

Postby Nowitzki.ct » 17 Feb 2014, 08:32

Tako je, za sat vremena igra protiv Bek, dosadne prebacivacice loptice, i teniserke vrlo ranjivog drugog servisa. Nemam sumnji da ce Dzini to umjeti da eksploatise
Black and white till the end of days, Gravediggers for all your prayers, Partizan reign to last for aeons.
Nowitzki.ct

Postby Gama » 25 Feb 2014, 10:56

Da li Masa treba da se zabrine? :biggrin:

Dzini i Grigor

We really had so much fun - it's probably the best tournament activity I've ever done! http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3 ... EcK1e.dpuf
Gama

Postby alcesta » 25 Feb 2014, 12:01

Da li Masa treba da se zabrine? :biggrin:

:biggrin:
I will not walk your dusty path and flat,
denoting this and that by this and that,
your world immutable wherein no part
the little maker has with Maker's art.
I bow not yet before the Iron Crown,
nor cast my own small golden sceptre down.
alcesta

Postby Nowitzki.ct » 25 Feb 2014, 14:15

Ne znam za Mašu, ja jesam ljubomoran :fies: :biggrin:

Večeras otvara turnir na kojem je druga nositeljka, i u prvoj rundi igra protiv Izraelke Šahar Per
Black and white till the end of days, Gravediggers for all your prayers, Partizan reign to last for aeons.
Nowitzki.ct

Postby Milutinov Tata » 25 Feb 2014, 21:57

Samo za Nowitzkog :biggrin:

Danas joj je rodjendan, vise nije tinejdzerka.
#10 Gracias Dios, por el fútbol, por Maradona, por estas lágrimas.

#8 #24

OI 2016/2021
SP 2009/2015
EP 2006/2012/2014/2016/2018
SK 2010/2014
SL 2007/2008/2010/2011/2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2019
MI 2009/2018

OSVOJILI SMO SVEEEEEE!!!
Milutinov Tata

Postby Nowitzki.ct » 26 Feb 2014, 11:00

This is like the cutest picture EVER ! :biggrin:

I organizatori u Akapulku su poklonili rođendansku tortu novopečenoj 20-godišnjakinji

A dobila je je i još nekih poklona:

Eto i mi s ovih stranica da poželimo srećan i njenoj sestri bliznakinji Beatris, prava šteta što i ona nije u teniskim vodama:

Inače sinoć je rođendan proslavila lakom pobjedom protiv Šahar Per 6:2, 6:2, uz male stomačne probleme, no nadajmo se da to nije bilo ništa ozbiljno. U sljedećoj rundi igraće protiv srećne gubitnice Aruabarene.

SREĆAN ROĐENDAN DŽINI, PA SLEDEĆI DA SLAVIŠ KAO GREN SLEM ŠAMPIONKA ! :birthday:
Nowitzki.ct

Postby Nowitzki.ct » 27 Feb 2014, 00:03

Uffff :drool: <3 :rose: :swoon: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
Nowitzki.ct

Postby Nowitzki.ct » 27 Feb 2014, 11:39

Pobjeda protiv Lare Aruabarene 7:5, 6:2 u meču u kojem je Džini ubacala ispod 50% prvog servisa, ali ipak smogla snage da riješi meč u 2 seta. U narednoj rundi igraće protiv Francuskinje Karolin Garsije.

Konferencija za novinare
Nowitzki.ct

Postby Nowitzki.ct » 28 Feb 2014, 11:47

Opet svega 52% prvog servisa e ne možemo se tako igrati tenisa Džini. Šteta, bila je ovo lijepa prilika za prvu titulu, no rad, rad i samo rad i titule će stići.

Nowitzki.ct

Postby Nowitzki.ct » 02 Mar 2014, 15:12

Intervju u FACE Magazinu:

Eugenie Bouchard burst onto the international stage with a historic run at the 2014 Australian Open. With over 4.4 million Canadians watching her every move, Eugenie Bouchard advanced all the way to the Semi-Finals, making her the first Canadian in 30 years to accomplish such a feat.

Bouchard is an excellent player who many predict will become the top seeded tennis player in the world within a few years. She is on track to become the greatest tennis player this country has ever seen.What makes her so successful is clear when you talk to her. She speaks with confidence, determination and is committed to achieving her goal of being a top player in the world.

We caught up with Eugenie Bouchard to speak about her career, her life and of course – Justin Bieber:

You started playing tennis at age 5 with your twin sister, Beatrice, the same way that many young kids around Canada pick up a sport. Do you remember the moment when you or your family realized that this was not just going to be a hobby for you, that you had a special talent?
I did start playing tennis with my twin at 5 and I loved it right away. I started practicing on my own once a week, to group practice three times a week, then playing every day, private lessons, etc. I played in my first tournament when I was 8 years old. When I was 9, I qualified for a big 12 and under tournament in France. It’s probably the biggest 12 and under tournament in the world. I was 9 and beating girls that were 12. I went to France to play in the tournament and, to me, that was when I realized that I wanted to make a career out of it. It was the first time I went outside of North America, which was really cool. I was very young, but I knew that tennis is what I wanted to do.

Were your parents tennis players or athletes – or are there other athletes in your family?
They were both athletic, but only played sports recreationally. They enjoyed watching sports, but nothing at the level that I do.

What role has your family played in your success to date? Do you speak to them often?
Nowadays with texting, Facebook and everything I stay in touch with them. They definitely know how much I’ve put into tennis since I was young, and my parents supported me the whole time. They believed in me ever since I was young and did everything from drive me to practice every day, to going to see fitness doctors.

When I was 12, we went to Florida for 3 years to train. My parents were the ones that thought I needed to get out of Canada and go train with a great coach in Florida, have the opportunity to play with more international players and have the opportunity to play year round. They made those big decisions for me which I’m really grateful for. I think everything they did, and that move especially, definitely helped my career.

Going to Florida to train as a professional when you’re only 12 is a big sacrifice you had to make. Going through your teenage years what were other types of sacrifices you had to make to get where you are now. ?
For sure – there is a lot of sacrifice. I definitely have a non-existent social life, but these are sacrifices I’m willing to make. When I was younger I’d miss birthday parties, hanging out with friends and I didn’t have a prom because I had tennis tournaments and other commitments. It was the little thing that sometimes made it hard, especially because my twin sister and younger sister were able to do those things. But at the same time, I love playing tennis and it’s what I had to do. In hindsight it’s still worth it. Even upcoming things that I may miss are still worth it.

What is it like having a twin sister? Are you guys very similar?
We are very different people, but we are super close. It’s pretty interesting that we are the same age but different – I’m the athletic one and she’s the social butterfly with friends, a part-time job and everything else.

We keep in touch all the time and I think she does cool and different things, and she thinks I do cool and different things. We are living different lives but, being the same age, we go through similar things. When we were younger we thought it was kind of lame being a twin because mom would dress us in the same outfits, we shared the same birthday, etc. Now that we’re older we’ve realized that it’s a rare thing (being a twin) and think it’s really cool to have someone to share these experiences with.

Tennis is a sport where it’s you versus your opponent in front of a crowd – often with millions of people watching at home. You do not have the luxury of having teammates with you, you don’t have a coach court side to consult with after every point – it truly must be a test of your mental strength each match. How do you keep your focus and concentration? Do you have any tricks you use to calm yourself down when you feel nerves?
I think it’s normal to be a little bit nervous – it means you want to win. Of course, I want to win every match I play, but the most important thing for me is to look at the big picture and improve as a tennis player. I think about long-term, play the right way and practice getting better. I try to stay mentally positive, focus on one point at a time, try to serve well and play tactically the right way so that I can become a better tennis player now and in the future.

Often, I try to take a step back and think to myself, “OK. Long-term, where do I want to go? One match, in the long-term, is very insignificant.” I want to win every match, but it’s not the end of the world if I don’t. I just continue doing my best and trying to win.

You recently skyrocketed to international fame and attention last month at the Australian Open, where you advanced all the way to the Semi-Finals of a Grand Slam event - becoming the first Canadian to do so in 30 years. Over 4.5 million Canadians watched that match - at the time, did you have any idea of what kind of support you had back home - and what did it mean to you when you found out that so many Canadians were supporting you?
I think I was kind of in a different world – obviously being half-way across the world. I felt the support while I was in Australia, but at home it went to a completely different level. It’s nice that in January people were talking about tennis and not only hockey, which makes me happy. I’m just honoured that so many people watch and support me – I’m very grateful for people who support me.

Going back to Montreal was completely different for me. I was there for a week and getting recognized everyday multiple times. People will give me little messages saying they’re proud of me and great job, things like that, which is really nice.

Tell us what it was like playing in the heat at the Australian Open, which was said to hit 40°C Celsius. Was it just a matter of just staying hydrated? What other factors came into play?
It was definitely pretty hot. I got lucky and only played one match in the peak of the afternoon when it was over 40°C degrees. It was my third round against Lauren Davis. Luckily, I played the other matches later in the day and at night when it wasn’t so hot. But I’m kind of use to the heat because I do my training in Florida, which is somewhat good preparation.

The heat is the same for both players so you can’t complain – you just have to deal with it. For me hydration is very important and on court I was using ice towels, ice vests and ice anything to get through it. It’s tough, but I love it. It’s all part of the battle and competition – just another element that makes it tougher.

Did you ever take a moment to look around and take it all in - or are you so focused on the matches that you never really get to enjoy the experience?
I do try to enjoy it and that’s something my coach Nick always says, “At the end of the day it’s tennis. It’s a sport, it’s a game, and you have to enjoy it.” This is a philosophy I try to adopt, especially when I walk out on big courts. I was lucky enough to play three matches at Rod Laver on centre court at the Australian Open, and walking out there is such a special feeling. When I’m playing I am focused and keeping my eyes on the court, but I do have a sense of the crowd and enjoy it. I like playing at centre stage at a grand slam – it’s what I worked my whole life for – I love and enjoy it.

Many people in this country took offence to the Australian interviewer asking you which celebrity you would like to date. Some felt that she would never have asked you such a question if you were a man. Does it bother you that she asked you such a question - or was it just something you thought it was harmless and really not a big deal?
It’s funny, some people called it sexist or whatever but to me it was entertaining and all in good fun. They were asking all the players fan-submitted questions, and that was one of the fan questions. So if my fans want to know what celebrity I’d love to date then that’s fine with me (laughs). It actually makes the on-court interview more interesting to ask non-tennis questions because I think it makes it more fun and brings in a bigger audience. As a fan, I’d be curious to know more about other players and athletes so I thought it was a good question. I got booed, but it’s all good (laughs).

Do you think Justin Bieber is still the man for you after his recent arrest?
(Laughs) He has definitely been in a little bit of trouble since I said that. I hope I didn’t jinks him. I think he’s got a lot of talent and he came from playing in the streets outside of Starbucks to becoming the hottest teenager on the planet. I have a lot of respect for how he became so big.

Who do you look up to most in tennis – do you model your game after anyone? It was written that your favourite player growing up was Maria Sharapova. What was it like playing against her and have you two had the chance to become friends now that you’re on the tour?
I wouldn’t say we’re friends, but most of the top players aren’t friends on the tour. It’s hard to be friends with players on the tour because at the end of the day they’re your competition. For sure we are all friendly with each other, but it’s tough to be true friends due to the nature of competition.

As for Maria Sharapova, it was really cool playing her. I remember watching her when she won Wimbledon, and I thought it was so amazing that I wanted to do the same thing. Playing her at the French Open at centre court was something out of a dream. I tried to hold my own, and even though I didn’t win, it was a good match. Playing against champions like that helps show me what I need to do and how I need to improve. As for tennis players on tour I’m definitely a big fan of Roger Federer – he’s my tennis idol.

What does it mean to you that so many young girls in Canada are now going to be picking up tennis rackets and trying to be like you when they grow up – the same way that you used to look up to stars like Sharapova?
I think it’s really cool and an honour that girls want to play tennis because of me. I want to promote the sport and if it gets bigger in Canada that’s a great thing. I think it has become more popular in recent years and I hope it continues to gain popularity.

Since the Australian Open you have clearly become a big star in our country and around the tennis world. What is one thing about being famous that you never would have expected when you were a kid growing up playing tennis?
I wouldn’t say one thing in particular. You can imagine what it might be like, but you can never predict what it’s actually going to be like. There’s a lot more time demand and media requests, but that comes with the job. I enjoy doing the off-court things (like interviews) and I feel that it’s a sign of on-court success if people want to talk off-court. Ultimately, if it helps grow the sport and gets fans interested it’s a good thing.

You just won your Federation Cup Matches in Montreal – what was it like playing back in your hometown for Canada?
It’s definitely fun to get back and see my family. I felt some strong support at the Federation Cup, the sold out crowd was extremely into it. There was a Canadian Genie Army that started in Australia, but now there is another in Montreal. It`s great to see that support around the world and especially in the city I`m from.

What is it like playing against Serena Williams? She is arguably the top women’s tennis player in history, did you find it intimidating or was it just such a thrill to be at the U.S. Open competing against her?
It’s so exciting and I love every chance I get to play against great players like Serena Williams. When I played her last year I was so excited to play against the best player in the world, and possibly the best of all time. You never know how many times you’re going to get to play against the number one in the world. I was tight with her and then I lost, but it showed me how good she was; her placement on her serves and shots is so impressive. It’s different from watching her on TV because I got to see what it was really like to play her. Watching her elevate her game in the second and third set is something champions do – she took it to a new level.

What was the biggest obstacle you’ve had to overcome to get to where you are today?
I think the toughest thing about the sport is the daily grind, the repetition, practicing four hours a day, two hours at the gym, five weeks in a row in the off season. Preparing for tournaments, hitting backhands, forehands and doing it over and over again, etc. I think just that part is tough, and can be mentally exhausting. I enjoy it but it can get a bit repetitive. It always makes it more exciting to play in tournaments because I love being competitive and playing matches.

What accomplishment are you most proud of to date in your career?
I’m happy with how I played at the Australian Open recently, but at the same time I always want to do better. My favourite would be winning the Junior Wimbledon. To win a title is always something big and it was always one of my goals to win a Junior Slam, which I think it helped me transition to the pros. I think it was a turning point in my career and a great accomplishment in itself as well.

What is your favourite kind of music? Who are some of the artists we would find in your playlist? What is your favourite concert you’ve attended?
I went to Drake in Montreal, which was really cool. I’ve also saw Kanye West and Miley Cyrus – those are the types of artists you can find on my playlist. But I also like Rihanna, Beyonce, and I used to love Destiny Child before they broke up.

You’ve been to so many countries around the world – if you could recommend one to our readers in Canada for vacation, what would it be?
My two favourites are Australia and Italy. I went to Australia for the first time when I was 14 to play tennis. Australians are so nice and laid back; it’s a very relaxed atmosphere and vibe. As for Italy, I love the European feel and vibe, and the food is amazing. Italy is very quaint, with lots of little cities, but big cities like Milan are great too.

Your birthday is coming up next week – what does Eugenie Bouchard want to get for her 20th birthday?
I haven’t thought about it yet. I don’t want to not be a teenager anymore, anyone who brings it up I tell them not to talk about it. I’d say I’d like to pretend it’s not my birthday and that it doesn’t exist. I’m going to be in Acapulco, Mexico playing a tournament, at a resort on the beach, which isn’t a bad place to be.

Today is Valentine’s Day...what is the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?
(Laughs) I don’t have a Valentine and didn’t get anything, so this year wasn’t very successful. I’d say the Genie Army is pretty cute giving me stuffed animals after matches and notes from fans and stuff. Any nice words my fans send me are always really nice and I appreciate it.

Speaking with Bouchard, you forget that you are speaking to a 20 year-old young woman, for she speaks with maturity and poise well beyond her years.

She was very courteous, charming and extremely grounded. She appreciates her fans, she is humbled by the support and you can tell that she really cherishes her family.

This 20-year old phenom from Montreal is the face and the future of Canadian tennis, and leads a growing “Genie Army” of supporters in Canada and around the world. She has sacrificed many of the joys attributed to adolescence in pursuit of her tennis dream -- the future is now for Eugenie Bouchard and Canada as a country could not be more proud.

Nowitzki.ct

PreviousNext

Return to Teniseri i teniserke