Board index Tenis Teniseri i teniserke

Andy Murray

Re: Andy Murray

Postby Goca_64 » 21 Jun 2011, 17:05

Matori, pokvareni, perfidni lisac!
Nece valjda pred medije, sada na Wimbiju u sred Britanije, da zeli trijumf nekom drugom? Boze, svasta :nisamodavle:
Ali nismo ni mi kuche od juce :so:
"Ja sam ono što nema cenu - pošten i siromašan"
M. Selimović
"Sve ce proći. Ali, kakva je to utjeha?
Proći će i radost, proći će i ljubav, proći će i život.
Zar je nada u tome da sve prođe? "
M. Selimović
Goca_64

Postby alcesta » 22 Jun 2011, 01:14

Andy Murray took one day off last week during his pre-Wimbledon preparations only to be woken up by drug-testers who called at his house at 7 a.m. It was the third time he had been tested in less than a fortnight since his defeat in the Roland Garros semi-finals. All players are required to give drug-testers notice of one hour every day in which they will be available. "I put it at seven in the morning because I know I'm going to be in bed," said Murray. "I was fast asleep, but as soon as the bell went I woke up. I looked at my clock and it was bang on 7am. I knew it was them. He rang the bell six times." Murray's mother, Judy, woke up to make the early-morning visitors cups of tea.

:biggrin:
I will not walk your dusty path and flat,
denoting this and that by this and that,
your world immutable wherein no part
the little maker has with Maker's art.
I bow not yet before the Iron Crown,
nor cast my own small golden sceptre down.
alcesta

Postby Gama » 23 Jun 2011, 09:37

Elena Baltacha with Andy Murray's granny
Gama

Postby Gama » 25 Jun 2011, 01:17

“I need to serve better but I returned very well,” says Murray. “It’s a step in the right direction. My week’s been an eight out of 10.”

Videcemo vrlo brzo da li je?!
andy_murray
Thanks for all the support, tough one today thought it was high standard of tennis throughout, gasquet on monday, night night keep it tight!
Gama

Postby Gama » 25 Jun 2011, 02:16

:laugh:
Andy Murray is fed up of British fans crying out 'C'mon Tim' during his matches at Wimbledon, according to numerous newspapers. The Scot has discussed it with four-time former semi-finalist Tim Henman. "We were talking about it before my first match and asking how long it would be before the first 'Come On Tim'," said Murray. "We were going to have a bet and everyone gave a minute when it would be said. I just said it would be inside the first game - and it came four minutes in. It is a classic that one." Murray does not find it amusing. "It is hilarious. It happens every match, three or four times. Seriously, though, I do not find it particularly amusing."

John McEnroe has told The Evening Standard that Murray needs to toughen up in the big matches. "Murray needs to get to them," the three-time former Wimbledon champion said. "Grand Slam matches are not just tennis matches, they are mind games. He's got to find a way to get under their skin. It should be a part of his game, instead of saying 'we are great friends and everything is wonderful'. When I played Connors, clearly we didn't take a liking to each other and that spurred us on to higher levels in those matches. If Murray showed his opponents that he wanted it more and gave the impression that he was willing to do whatever it takes to get there, it would help his chances. You look at Rafa and Roger and they intimidate opponents, they jump up and down or stick out their chest. I'm not saying that's the only way to become a great champion because Pete Sampras never showed any emotion. However, Pete didn't waste energy or show anything to his opponent by doing something like shouting at his coach either."

Za razliku od Feda i Rafe koji su ovo odavno shvatili, Marej tek treba.
Gama

Postby Liv » 26 Jun 2011, 17:19

I'm through to the last 16 at Wimbledon again and it certainly helps that this is the fifth time in my career I've made the second week.

It was great to have Elena Baltacha and Laura Robson for company in the singles up until Friday but I don't feel any extra responsibility now that I'm the only Brit left. Let's face it, this is something I'm used to and considering how the last few Wimbledons have gone, this one's been relatively successful.

I always know what's going on with the other Brits at Wimbledon and the other Grand Slams, but I need to go about my own business and concentrate on my game. Trying to win Wimbledon is hard enough without getting too caught up in that.

It might be something that I get a bit more involved in at the end of my playing career and working independently is what would motivate me in terms of coaching. You never know, I could discover a kid I really like with a great attitude that I want to help.
Rather than working with a top player straight away, I'd want to work with a young guy, although you need to dedicate quite a lot of time to that. I know what it's like to work with coaches that you spend limited time with and only do certain weeks here and there.

I would hope that once my playing days are over I'll find other things to do rather than spending my whole time practising into my forties and fifties. I don't know how some of the guys do it, playing senior events and a lot of different exhibitions.

I've had tennis my whole life, so I can imagine that when it's gone I'll think it's nice that I don't have to practise or train any more.

Having said that, after a few days or weeks I might really miss it because it's all I've known since I was very young. Maybe a few rounds of golf with Tim Henman would take my mind off it, although he's pretty decent so I'll need to get some practice in.

First things first, and I've got a fourth-round match with Richard Gasquet to look forward to on Monday and a repeat of our match from three years ago. It's strange because I rarely spend any time looking back at past matches, it's always on to the next one, but that was my first five-set win on Centre Court.
To come back from two sets to love down, when he also served for the match, and to do it at Wimbledon was unbelievable.

The atmosphere that day was incredible because at the time I think it was one of the latest finishes, and I remember motoring through my service games at the end because I didn't want to come back and finish the next day. Once I got up a break in the fifth set I felt like I'd be able to get it done because he was struggling.

My main memory is that it was really, really dark at the end. I just remember that when I went to serve for the match there were a lot of people taking pictures, and although I think that normally happens on Centre Court, you don't see the flashes. I remember on the match point I could see all the lights going off, it was great.

Hopefully I'll be able to have a good practice on Saturday and a slightly lighter day on Sunday, to get back into that routine of one day on, one day off. I'm aiming to relax, maybe walk the dogs and do a bit of grocery shopping, which I've neglected of late but with good reason!

And I also need to talk to my mum about Twitter. One of the dogs is on Twitter and she's fine, very witty, and I never have to worry about her - it's just my mum. Some of the stuff that she says is quite funny but it gets a little bit embarrassing from time to time. I'll have a word, don't worry.
Liv

Postby ivana23 » 28 Jun 2011, 14:46

LONDON, ENGLAND - JUNE 28: Goodwill messages written on Andy Murray's bag on Day Eight of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on June 28, 2011 in London, England.
ivana23

Postby Gama » 29 Jun 2011, 10:18

ImageImageImage
Britain's Andy Murray and US Open golf champion Rory McIlroy, June 28, 2011.
Murray, writing an exclusive column for the BBC, says "I'm heading into the final rounds at Wimbledon now and, like a heavyweight title fight, this is the time to step it up. Things will only get more difficult from here on in though, and I need to be right on top of my game and my mind. The mental side of the game is something that I've consciously tried to improve, and it also comes a little easier as you get older. The most important thing is to stay calm when you're in the crunch time of a match and being really tested physically and mentally. I know I'll get pushed very hard before the end of this tournament, but it's a challenge that I'm looking forward to."
Gama

Postby ivana23 » 30 Jun 2011, 22:30

ivana23

Postby Liv » 30 Jun 2011, 23:33

Meet Murray's team

DANI VALLVERDU , DE FACTO HEAD COACH

Nationality: Venezuelan

Background: Met Murray while they were both training at the Sanchez-Casal Academy in Barcelona. They practised together and became close friends, but Vallverdu opted to pursue an academic path and gained a major in business management at the University of Miami. Developed into a solid college player, earning All-America recognition, but made little impact on the men's tour. Lost four of his five ATP Tour matches and 36 of his 65 in Futures and Satellite events, reaching a career-high singles ranking of 727 and 746 in doubles. Played doubles with Murray at Queen's Club in 2008 and has represented Venezuela in six Davis Cup ties.

Responsibilities: Started hitting with Murray again following his split from Miles Maclagan in 2010 and became the Scot's de facto coach after he parted company with Alex Corretja in March. Organises practice sessions and liaises with Darren Cahill and Sven Groeneveld - coaches Murray has been working with recently - as well as his strength and conditioning staff and physiotherapist. Quiet and unassuming, Vallverdu scouts opponents and helps devise tactical plans. Despite his relative youth, he is known for his professionalism and in-depth knowledge of the game.

DARREN CAHILL, PART-TIME COACH

Nationality: Australian

Background: Spent 10 years on the men's tour from 1984 - winning two singles titles, reaching a career-high ranking of 22 and beating Boris Becker en route to the 1988 US Open semi-finals. Lifted 13 doubles titles, making it to number 10 in the world, and helped his nation to the 1990 Davis Cup final. Retired in 1994 because of a knee injury and turned to coaching. Lleyton Hewitt, Andre Agassi, Fernando Verdasco and Daniela Hantuchova have all benefited from his guidance and he joined the Adidas player development programme in 2009.

Responsibilities: Murray confirmed in April that he would be working with the likes of Cahill on a part-time basis as he continued his search for a new full-time coach. The 45-year-old's role is limited by television commitments and his association with other players, but he assisted Murray during the French Open and in the build-up to Wimbledon. The Briton's performance-level and results have picked up significantly since Cahill entered the fray.

SVEN GROENEVELD, PART-TIME COACH
Nationality: Dutch

Background: Coached professionally since 1991, working with the likes Roger Federer, Nicolas Kiefer, Greg Rusedski, Monica Seles and Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario. Joined the Adidas training programme in 2005 and spent time with players such as Ana Ivanovic and Fernando Verdasco before Murray.

Responsibilities: Cahill's media responsibilities mean Groeneveld has been courtside for all of Murray's training sessions at Wimbledon, and he will again be in the 24-year-old's box when he takes on Rafael Nadal on Friday. Lets Vallverdu take control of practice but will offer Murray the occasional word of advice. Those close to Murray say Groeneveld has been an excellent calming influence, bringing experience and knowledge to the table.

JEZ GREEN, PHYSICAL CONDITIONER

Nationality: British

Background: Sports science degree and various LTA coaching awards. Started off professionally in 1997 at the LTA training squad in Manchester. Became the LTA's senior national trainer a year later and then assumed a freelance role training players in Miami and the UK in 2002. Appointed head conditioner at LTA academy in Leeds in 2004 and has worked individually with a host of top players from all over the world. Was in charge of physical conditioning at the Monte Carlo Tennis Academy.

Responsibilities: Green has been writing Murray's fitness programme since 2007 - it his his job to help ensure the British number one is in peak condition throughout the year and on all surfaces. Outside of competition, he puts Murray through gruelling cardiovascular and weight training regimes in Miami, and also introduced him to Bikram yoga in 40C heat. Green will be with Murray at the Grand Slam tournaments and the US hard-court stretch of the season, while Matt Little has more of a European focus.

MATT LITTLE, STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING COACH

Background: BTEC Diploma in Leisure Management followed by BSc Degree in Leisure Management. Gained fitness instructor qualification while working at a local tennis centre. Worked as LTA's strength and conditioning coach for 12-16-year-olds.

Responsibilities: To oversee Murray's fitness training. Two of Little's key roles are working on injury prevention and Murray's stretching routines. He'll give Murray massages and ensure he follows a strict recovery routine - which usually involves ice baths - after practice and matches. Nutrition also comes under Little's remit. Murray aims to eat 6,000 calories a day during the season - ensured through six meals a day. He eats a mixture of lean proteins and complex carbohydrates, while processed food and sugar are banned. Murray does not drink alcohol and takes in at least six litres of water a day.

ANDY IRELAND, PHYSIOTHERAPIST

Background: Graduated from Teesside University in 1993 with a BSc distinction in Physiotherapy. Worked in the NHS for the next seven years and has worked for Surrey Physio since its formation in May 2000. Provided resident physiotherapy cover for international tennis tournaments in the UK including Wimbledon, the LTA and Queen's Club. Now member of the Manipulative Association of Chartered Physiotherapists.

Responsibilities: Ireland works with Little and Green to maximise Murray's physical performance. With top-level tennis players putting their bodies under huge strain they can develop muscle imbalances, inflexibilities and weaknesses. By correcting these underlying problems, Ireland helps Murray to remain as injury-free as is possible and knows his body inside-out. When injuries do occur it is Ireland's role to minimise Murray's recovery time and maximise his healing rates. Recovery techniques following a match or a training session are an integral part of his work. His nickname - Needles - stems from his acupuncture skills.
Liv

Postby Liv » 30 Jun 2011, 23:35

Wimbledon, R4: Andy Murray beat Richard Gasquet 7-6 6-3 6-2

I'm heading into the final rounds at Wimbledon now and, like a heavyweight title fight, this is the time to step it up.

It was great to get through my fourth-round match so quickly against Richard Gasquet, I was expecting a tough one, but the first set was pretty crucial. Once I got ahead it was always going to be tough for him to come back in such hot conditions.

Things will only get more difficult from here on in though, and I need to be right on top of my game and my mind.

The mental side of the game is something that I've consciously tried to improve, and it also comes a little easier as you get older. The most important thing is to stay calm when you're in the crunch time of a match and being really tested physically and mentally.

I know I'll get pushed very hard before the end of this tournament, but it's a challenge that I'm looking forward to.
There's another Briton with a big day coming up this weekend and I'll certainly make sure I send David Haye a message before he fights Wladimir Klitschko on Saturday night. I last spoke to him a few days ago and keep in regular contact, I find it really helpful for my game.

Obviously boxers are a bit different as they have to be larger than life to promote fights, whereas tennis players don't get a bigger pay cheque if more people watch their matches. Tennis is certainly a lot more gentlemanly than boxing, but in any individual sport the psychology plays a big part, especially right at the top level. You need to make sure you're strong in the mind.

In tennis, the guys are mostly very sporting and get on well, but when you're out there you need to put that to one side. I think you need to treat your opponent like they're your worst enemy on the court.

I know John McEnroe thinks we need a little more animosity between the top players and it's probably true. I think everyone would enjoy it a little more if the players were a bit more vocal about any dislike we might have for each other, but at the same time tennis is in a really good place right now.When I was on my way back from the French Open on the train after I lost to Rafa in the semis, everyone was talking about tennis - our match and Federer v Djokovic - and not because they knew I was there, I was just listening in. I've never really experienced that before.

I suppose the last time that happened was in the era of McEnroe, Connors and Borg. I've seen plenty of clips of the aggro between Connors and McEnroe, and I heard some good stories about Lendl from my former coach Brad Gilbert, who had an 0-16 record against him. Unfortunately, due to the number of swear words, I can't repeat any of them here!

But it was a different sport back then and, while there were more examples of players arguing on court, at the same time more of them would go out for dinner together, even the night before they played each other. Nowadays we're probably not close in the same way, but I think everyone's generally a bit more friendly.

My quarter-final opponent, Feliciano Lopez, is a good example because we get on well, but maybe I should take a leaf out of David Haye's book and try a bit of trash talking beforehand.

It will also be interesting to see how my mum copes with me playing Feliciano - or 'Deliciano' as she keeps calling him. I haven't spoken to her about that yet but I'm pretty sure she'll be supporting me on Wednesday, I think.

Liv

Postby Liv » 30 Jun 2011, 23:44

Wimbledon, q/f: Andy Murray beat Feliciano Lopez 6-3 6-4 6-4

I know I'll have to run and run, I know it will be physically and mentally tough, but I also know I can win when I play world number one Rafael Nadal on Friday.

It's another chance for me to take him on in a Wimbledon semi-final and I go into it knowing that I've learned something from all 15 matches we've played - last year's defeat as well as the times I've won.

What is for certain in any match against Rafa is that both tactically and mentally you have to be ready for some long rallies, lots of punishment, and you mustn't panic.

Some people think you have to blast through him and go for everything, but you have to be patient.

If you watch how world number two Novak Djokovic played when he beat Rafa on the clay in the Madrid Masters and Rome Masters last month he was very solid, didn't take huge risks, but hit the ball with a lot of authority.

You can't just leave the ball in the middle of the court against Rafa, but at the same time trying to hit winners off the first shot of the rally just doesn't work.

Our last match was the semi-final of the French Open a few weeks ago and the switch to grass here does mean my tactics will change. His best shots on the clay will be different on grass and he'll have different patterns of play, so I need to take that on board before I go out on the court.

His ball doesn't bounce up as high on grass, it comes through the court quicker, and although it's still pretty heavy you can change the rally in one shot on this surface.

On clay, once you're behind in the rally it's very difficult to get yourself back into it. On grass, if I can get a good, deep hit in when I'm out of position then I can get myself back into the rally pretty quickly.
It's all about understanding what he's going to do, and what I'm going to do to neutralise his strengths.

I've got Sven Groeneveld from the Adidas coaching team around when I practice if I want to get his thoughts, I'll watch some videos of our previous matches, and along with player Dani Vallverdu from my regular team we'll get as much information on Rafa as we can before I step out on court.

My practice sessions are like events in themselves with so many people around the courts but it's been like that for quite a while, so I'm used to it.

The only thing I do notice is that every time I make any sort of reaction, whether I laugh or shout or close my eyes, I hear the cameras going off.

I'm always conscious that I don't want it to look like I'm messing about or maybe in pain, because by one reaction that can become a whole story, so I try to be as neutral as possible and that's not easy!
I think that's one thing people don't realise, that even when I'm coming off the practice court or walking to the car there are questions flying around, so I just need to be careful and not do or say anything silly.

I've had plenty of experience of that now so I can handle it, and nothing will distract me from the job I've got to do.

The chance to make a Wimbledon final is an opportunity to make history and I think every player's interested in that side of the game.

Before the match on Thursday I heard Rafa, his coach Toni Nadal and my opponent Feliciano Lopez talking in Spanish about players from the past.

When I'm on the court I'm not thinking about my place in history but when I look back on my career, I'll want to see where I was in the grand scheme of things.

It's alright being good in your little two or three-year window, but how that compares to previous eras will be fascinating.

It's also a big part of why Wimbledon is such a huge event and has people queuing for two or three nights to get a ticket on Centre Court.

That's something incredible that you don't get anywhere else and I can see the attraction, I wouldn't mind doing it if I was with a few friends.

I actually never get that flustered off the court so it wouldn't be a problem - I'd need plenty of food and drink though!

Hopefully I can give the people queuing to see me the result they want and reach my first Wimbledon final.

Any time you can get to a Grand Slam final it shows that you're close to the top of the game, and if I can get past Rafa it will give me more than enough belief that I can go on and win the tournament. I've beaten him before but I'll need to play great tennis to do it again.

It promises to be a great match and atmosphere, I can't wait to get playing.
Liv

Postby Gama » 01 Jul 2011, 10:22

Andy Murray: I dream of putting my name on Wimbledon winners’ board
On the walls of the corridor on the way out to Centre Court, there is a list of previous winners and a quote from Rudyard Kipling’s famous poem.
It reads: “If you can meet with triumph or disaster, And treat those two impostors just the same.” You know the story.
“I always look at the winner’s board before I go out,” he revealed. “It is just on the left before you go out and walk out.
“The chance to make a Wimbledon final is an opportunity to make history and I think every player’s interested in that side of the game.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sport-front-page/2011/07/01/andy-murray-i-dream-of-putting-my-name-on-wimbledon-winners-board-115875-23239081/
Gama

Postby Gama » 02 Jul 2011, 01:06

E bre Endi :(
Intervju:
Spoiler: pokaži
Q. A lot of the commentators are talking about that forehand that you missed in the fourth game of the second set as being the turning point. Is that how you see it in your mind?
ANDY MURRAY: Uhm, I mean, it was a big point. I was playing very high‑risk tennis for most of the match. I went for it today, and I started to make a few mistakes after that.
But it's not like ‑‑ yeah, I mean, you can't talk about a match that goes almost three hours being, you know, decided based on one point. Again, like I say, I was going for it. Against Rafa you have to go for big shots. I slightly overhit that one.
But, again, they would be the same ones that would have said a year ago that I would have been playing too defensively. Today I was going for all my shots, and I started to make some mistakes afterwards.
But, yeah, that point was one that I should have won for sure.

Q. Are you proud of what you've done over the last fortnight, Andy?
ANDY MURRAY: It's been a good tournament. I think it could have been better today. I wish I didn't make as many mistakes afterwards. But that's the thing. Sometimes I've come off the court and thought, Hmm, maybe I should have taken a few more chances.
Then today it's kind of the other way. I went for it and started making mistakes. It was good for a set and a little bit, then went the other way.
But the tournament as a whole has been good. I would have liked to have finished better.

Q. Looked like you moved back a little from the baseline after the first set.
ANDY MURRAY: I don't know. I was still going for my shots. I don't know if I did. Normally against Rafa or against any top player you can't dictate the whole match. The first set Rafa struggled a little bit on his backhand side.
Once he started hitting his backhand better, naturally I wasn't going to be able to play right next to the baseline like I was in the first set.
But you're going to have to go through periods in matches against the best players where you're having to do a bit of the running. I thought for the most part I was trying to dictate the play.

Q. Is this one harder to take because you were ahead?
ANDY MURRAY: No, I don't think so. They're all tough. But I don't think so. I mean, no, I don't think it is.

Q. A couple of times you clutched your hip, your stomach, grimaced. Did it play any part today? Were you feeling it at all?
ANDY MURRAY: My hip was sore like right at the beginning of the match. After I saw the physio, took like a painkiller, it was fine. I hardly felt my hip after that.
But, yeah, I mean, sometimes like on the grass and on a lot of surfaces, you know, once you play a lot of tennis on it, it gets quite sore in the knee. Rafa's I think had quite a few problems on the grass with his knees.
It's more sort of when you're stopping suddenly rather than sort of during the points. It's maybe when you're like a full‑on stretch, but it's nothing serious.

Q. Do you feel you threw it away today, Andy?
ANDY MURRAY: Threw it away? No, I don't think so.

Q. Can you put into words what makes it so difficult playing against Rafa, especially on grass, and the pressure you're constantly under?
ANDY MURRAY: Every time I play him I explain the same thing. It's tough. He makes a lot of balls. He's very good when he's behind. He's one of the best players ever, and a great athlete on top of that.
So, you know, even when he's not hitting the ball unbelievable from the middle of the court, he gets to a lot of balls, makes you play an extra ball all the time. And eventually today, like after the first set and a half, when I started making mistakes, he raised his game and started playing better and capitalized on it.

Q. What did you think of the crowd support?
ANDY MURRAY: I thought it was good. I mean, when you're in the middle of the match, you know, you hear it more sort of like at the end of a set or if you get a break of serve. You know, it's not like you're focusing on it sort of every single point.
So I'm probably not the best one to judge. But I thought it was good.

Q. Could you talk about what it's like to get so far on these big stages and just not be able to push it through to the end?
ANDY MURRAY: It's tough. It's tough. But, you know, I'm giving it my best shot each time. I'm trying my hardest. That's all you can do. So I don't know. It's a difficult question to answer. I can't explain exactly how I feel.
I'm disappointed. But normally, like after four or five days ‑ bar after Australia ‑ the last couple years I've recovered relatively quickly from losing because I'm just trying to get better.
I feel like I'm playing better tennis than I was last year at this point. I don't know. It's difficult.

Q. Do you ever cry?
ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I've done it before in front of probably most of the people in here in Australia. But not today.

Q. There's been a lot of chat from the Nadal camp about his injury problems. There was no evidence of that today. Mardy Fish didn't see any in the previous round. Did you think Nadal was injured?
ANDY MURRAY: Rafa doesn't feign injury. Everyone has problems this stage of the season because it's so like going from the French to the grass. And Rafa obviously in the last few months has played so many matches on the clay. I think he played the maximum amount of matches he could have played.
Yeah, probably rather than it being like a huge injury, he's going to be feeling pain because his body's tired, like everyone is. Yeah, sometimes it's worse than others.
I don't know. You have to ask him exactly how bad it is. I don't know.

Q. Tactically it was going great for you first set and a bit. Is there any other way you could have done it?
ANDY MURRAY: Yeah. You can beat him by playing patient. When I've beaten him in the past ‑ I've beaten him at the US Open and the Australian Open ‑ I played a little bit more patient. You know, and today, yeah, I maybe got the balance a little bit wrong.
But, yeah, you need to try and find a way. Each time you play against one of the best players you need to play slightly differently each time because they're going to change their game against you. You have to make adjustments.

Q. Does it get easier or more difficult to handle, getting to this stage?
ANDY MURRAY: No idea. I don't know.

Q. You're saying you're going to take a few days, you generally can recover from something like this quite quickly. Can you explain what you'll do over the next coming days and what you can learn from today?
ANDY MURRAY: Work harder than I ever did before. Try and improve my game and get stronger. Be more professional. Yeah, try and learn from what happened today. Yeah, think about the things that I need to improve.
Yeah, that's all you can do. You've just got to work harder than you have done in the past to get better. It's a very tough era I think in tennis. Tennis right at the top of the game is exceptional.
So not only to get level with those guys, but to push past them, you need to work harder than them. That's what I need to try to do.

Q. Will you try to go to the fight tomorrow or will you just watch it on the box?
ANDY MURRAY: That's the last thing I was thinking about. I have no idea. I don't know.

Q. What one stroke do you think you could improve?
ANDY MURRAY: I don't know. It's a tough one. My forehand today at the start of the match was excellent, and then for a set and a bit I was going for the shots but just missing them.
So I need to have a bit more consistency there. 'Cause if I hit it like I did in the first set throughout the match, I think it probably would have been a slightly different story. At the same time, when you're playing high‑risk tennis you're going to make mistakes.
I don't know which one shot in particular I need to improve. But today I would have cut down on some of the unforced errors.

Q. You and Rafa have spoken about your friendship. Does it take even a slight edge off the fact that you've lost to a friend?
ANDY MURRAY: No. No. Same feeling. I mean, I always support Rafa when I watch him, but when I play against him I want to win. So it doesn't change regardless of really who you're playing against. It's still just as bad.

Q. What are your thoughts on Novak rising to No. 1?
ANDY MURRAY: He deserves it 'cause he's hardly lost a match this year, so... He's played great tennis and deserves it.

Q. Will you think about your coaching situation?
ANDY MURRAY: No idea. No idea. I'll practice hard. I've got Davis Cup next week. Then, yeah, I've got a training block before the American stretch. Things have been going pretty well the last few months. The way they've been now, I've got a good, good chance.
Since I started working with Darren and Danny together, I haven't really had much time to do like a training block or do any sort of long periods with them because you've been playing tournaments the whole time.
Now I've got four weeks after Davis Cup before Montréal. See what I can work on.

Q. Who do you think will win the final?
ANDY MURRAY: I don't know. Depends who plays better on the day. But they're both playing great tennis. Rafa's got probably a bit more experience than Novak, so that will help him.
But, yeah, it depends who plays better.

Q. You said you need to work harder. Do you feel like maybe you don't work hard enough?
ANDY MURRAY: I work hard. Really, really hard.

Q. So what do you exactly mean when you say you feel you should work harder?
ANDY MURRAY: I need to work 2, 3% harder than I do just now and push myself to be the best athlete that I can be. Every week, every month you learn something new in your training, in your matches, in practice, your diet, the gym, the training that you do. I just need to try and get better.
But I work really, really hard, so that's not been the problem. I just need to work a little bit harder, get better.
Gama

Postby Delester » 02 Jul 2011, 07:57

ne mogu da citam press, imam osecaj da cu se smoriti. zao mi ga je bilo na kraju, opet ce platiti danak medijima.
nacin na koji je poceo prvi set mi je uterao strah u kosti, ono je bilo toliko superiorno da sam mislila da ce novaka sazvakati sa sve ST opremom u finalu.
ali samo toliko je trajala magija i rafa se razgoropadio kao kerber i prihevtao ga. mahao je rafa onim reketom kao oktopus, trcao kao zec, udarao kao kamion, majko mila kao da je koristio isto sto i serena.
.......................................................................................
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/snapoutofit.gif
Delester

PreviousNext

Return to Teniseri i teniserke