Board index Tenis Teniseri i teniserke

Jelena Janković, The Empress

Re: Jelena Janković, The Empress

Postby Gama » 06 Oct 2013, 01:59

Jelena Jankovic battled back to beat Petra Kvitova in three sets 67(7) 61 61 in the semifinals of the China Open, the former World No.1's first win in three career meetings with the former World No.2.

"I'm very thrilled that I was able to beat Kvitova today," Jankovic said. "I lost to her the last two times we played. She has always given me a lot of trouble and didn't allow me to play my game. And even today in the first set she was controlling the points. I was still there, but I didn't feel comfortable.

"But in the next two sets I felt like I went on top of her and took control. And then as the match went on I think she got a little bit tired out there, and then I had everything in my hands, pretty much."

Jankovic is now through to one of the biggest finals of her career - the only one bigger was the US Open in 2008 (where she was a runner-up to Serena Williams) and she has only been to one other Premier Mandatory final, at Indian Wells in 2010 (where she beat Caroline Wozniacki for the title).

Additionally, she is the only player who has played all 10 editions of the China Open - every edition from 2004 to 2013 - and her win over Kvitova was her 20th career match win at the tournament.

"I feel great to be in the finals of the China Open again," Jankovic said. "I love China. I love my Chinese fans. They support me a lot. I feel great here. I've enjoyed coming back here every year. I have great memories of playing here. I played the Olympic Games here and became No.1 in the world when I played the Olympic Games. I won this title in 2008 and was a finalist in 2007, and now again in 2013.

"It's a tournament I love. It's nice to be able to support such a prestigious event. I hope to come here as long as I play. I'm really grateful I've had the success I have had here, and I hope it continues.

"And I think my nails today showed my love for the China Open too!" :laugh: nisam videla

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3 ... GLfEj.dpuf

O mecu sa Serenom
"She's the best player in the world right now," Jankovic said of the World No.1. "She's in unbelievable form. Even though I have beaten her in the past - I think I have five, six wins against her - I think she's the most difficult player to play against. She has a lot of experience, winning a lot of titles and winning pretty much everything there is to win. And she's physically so strong, I think stronger than 99% of the players. She has all the shots. When she's on top of her game, it's very difficult to beat her.

"Hopefully I can play my best so that I can at least have a chance."
Gama

Postby DIFovac » 06 Oct 2013, 14:43

Nemocna Jeca u finalu protiv superiorne Serene koja nije dozvolila Jeci da se ponada setu niti u jednom trenutku, ovo je Sereni prva titula u Kini.
"Ako Kosovo nije nase, zasto od nas traze da im ga damo? Ako je njihovo, zasto ga otimaju? A ako vec mogu da ga otmu, ne znam zasto se toliko ustrucavaju?" "
DIFovac

Postby Gama » 06 Oct 2013, 18:52

"I had a great week playing in this beautiful venue," Jankovic said to the crowd. "I always enjoy coming back here to the China Open - it's a pleasure for me to play in front of you all in the finals again.

"Serena was just too good today, and big congratulations to her."

Williams vs. Jankovic - video
Jelena Jankovic has Sunday's shot of the day
Intervju posle finala na srpskom
Gama

Postby alcesta » 06 Oct 2013, 19:13

DIF wrote:Nemocna Jeca u finalu protiv superiorne Serene koja nije dozvolila Jeci da se ponada setu niti u jednom trenutku, ovo je Sereni prva titula u Kini.
Serena je Peking već osvojila 2004.
I will not walk your dusty path and flat,
denoting this and that by this and that,
your world immutable wherein no part
the little maker has with Maker's art.
I bow not yet before the Iron Crown,
nor cast my own small golden sceptre down.
alcesta

Postby alcesta » 07 Oct 2013, 15:32

Bravo :jupi:
Jankovic started the year outside the Top 20 and has worked her way back into the Top 10 - No.8 this week - after some very consistent results, including her 13th WTA title at Bogotá and two more finals at Premier events in Charleston and Beijing last week. This is the fifth time Jankovic has qualified for the WTA Championships - her best results have been a pair of semifinal showings in 2008 and 2009.

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3 ... ae6DO.dpuf

Sad još samo da bude zdrava i prava tamo, ima valjda dotle vremena da se oporavi.
I will not walk your dusty path and flat,
denoting this and that by this and that,
your world immutable wherein no part
the little maker has with Maker's art.
I bow not yet before the Iron Crown,
nor cast my own small golden sceptre down.
alcesta

Postby Gama » 07 Oct 2013, 21:50

Bravo!
Najsmesnije sto je te ciljeve (povrataku u prvih 10 i put za Instanbul) postavila Ana a Jeca cuti i radi :laugh:

Gama

Postby Hezonja » 07 Oct 2013, 23:34

Ana je tu da bude uzbudjena.
Hezonja

Postby Gama » 08 Oct 2013, 00:48

WTA
New #WTA Rankings:
1. Serena, 2. Azarenka, 3. Sharapova, 4. Radwanska, 5. Li Na, 6. Errani, 7. Kvitova, 8. Jankovic, 9. Wozniacki 10. Kerber

:okk:
Jelena Jankovic ✔ @jelena_jankovic
So excited to be going to Istanbul, my 5th championships! Yeaaaa

I mi kazemo Yeaaaa :hatman: :biggrin:
Gama

Postby Gama » 15 Oct 2013, 11:32

Gama

Postby Gama » 15 Oct 2013, 18:22

Istanbul Profile: Jelena Jankovic

2013 SUMMARY

Highlights: Bogotá (champion), Beijing, Charleston (runner-up)
Grand Slam Performance: Australian Open (third round), French Open (quarterfinals), Wimbledon (second round), US Open (fourth round)
Win/Loss Record: 45-18
Record Against Top 10: 4-6
WTA Championships History: semifinalist (2009, 2008) round robin (2010, 2007)

By her own admission, Jelena Jankovic did not expect to be competing in the year's TEB BNP Paribas WTA Championships - Istanbul.

However, a quietly impressive campaign, capped off with a strong finish saw her end a three-year exile from the season-ending showpiece, securing the penultimate place with a few weeks to spare.

"I think this year has been great for me as far as coming back and making that step forward," Jankovic said during her run to the final in Beijing. "Reaching the Championships is a great achievement for me. In January, I thought it wasn't even my goal as I didn't think I could make it."

Having begun the year outside the Top 20 for the first time since 2005, Jankovic quickly went about reversing her rankings slide, picking up the title in Bogotá before deep runs in both Miami and Charleston.

Her performance in reaching the Charleston final, where she lost in three sets to Serena Williams, augured well for the European clay court season. And Jankovic did not disappoint, continuing to rebuild her reputation as a force at the top of the game with a quarterfinal run at the French Open.

An early exit at Wimbledon was followed by a disappointing start on the North American hardcourts, before the Serb kicked on again.

A semifinal defeat to Victoria Azarenka in Cincinnati and a fourth round appearance at the US Open, suddenly put Jankovic in with an outside chance of a seat on the plane to Istanbul. It was an opportunity she grasped with both hands, rolling back the years to reach the final in Beijing.

"I want to reach the Top 5 next year, then the Top 3 again," Jankovic said ahead of Istanbul. "Now I've made it to Istanbul, where it is the very best players competing, so I will try to produce my best tennis and go as far as I can."

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3 ... PfEya.dpuf

Opala, resila Jeca pre penzije da bljesne jos koji put :hatman:
Gama

Postby Gama » 19 Oct 2013, 15:07

WTA
.@jelena_jankovic greeting the Turkish media on site at #WTAChamps pic.twitter.com/l5Uz1pLeE5
Gama

Postby Gama » 20 Oct 2013, 22:27

Jelena Jankovic ‏@jelena_jankovic 3h
Srecan rodjendan mom bratu Marku! Voli te sestra pic.twitter.com/ORzenh0bwa

Iz Istanbula

Spoiler: pokaži
ImageImageImageImage

Intervju , kaze, rad sa bratom njena najbolja odluka i zeli da igra bar polufinale na zavrsnom turniru

ImageImageImage
Gama

Postby Gama » 21 Oct 2013, 18:04

Fotke sa zurke
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jelena djuska (a i Marko), ali skinula Jela stikle :biggrin:
http://instagram.com/p/fspJelrWqT/
http://instagram.com/p/fsnyihLWnh/
http://instagram.com/p/ftCeMuLWtA/

Danas, sa pres konf.. Dobro joj stoje :okk:

ImageImage

Gama

Postby Gama » 21 Oct 2013, 18:20

ISTANBUL, Turkey—Former No. 1 Jelena Jankovic admits that she stopped loving the game when she almost fell out of the Top 30. Jankovic has since climbed back into the Top 10 and will compete in the WTA Championships for the fifth time this week.

“Once you’re used to being in the top and winning a lot of matches, and once that changes, you don’t enjoy it,” said the Serb, who became No. 1 in 2008. “I think no one likes to lose, of course, but that’s not in our nature. You have to try to make some changes. There is a reason why you were losing, why you were not doing so well. So you have to figure out a way to win again and try to do the right things. And over the years, I think I have learned a lot. I have made a lot of mistakes, as far as what has not worked, and I have learned what works for me.

“So now as a 28-year-old I can use that to my advantage. I have a lot more knowledge, a lot more experience. I think I can do and show a lot more in my tennis career. Love the competition. I love the satisfaction of winning. I love playing against the best tennis players in the world, and that’s what I enjoy.”

Jankovic added that she feels better physically than she did when she was younger, and thinks she can climb higher in the rankings.

“There were times in the past where I kind of felt like, ‘Oh, my God, everything is aching and hurting and—I feel like I’m getting older. I cannot be up there and all this.’ I had some doubts. But now at this stage I feel that, you know, I can achieve a lot, and I have a lot of belief in myself. I know I can bring a lot more to the table.”
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/10/jankovic-slide-no-1-hurt-feeling-great-28/49525/#.UmVf8HCBkzo
Gama

PreviousNext

Return to Teniseri i teniserke